ZANE LOWE DJ SET

Guest sufcmatt

At Glasto This Year Zane Lowe did a DJ set on the BBC Introducing stage on the Thursday. The Tent was rammed and security were sending people the long way into the park area to calm things down. Me and my mate managed to get outside the tent but only caught the last few minutes.

He was joined onstage by guest including Mr.Hudson & The Streets.

Zane also supported MUSE at their hometown Teignmouth gigs and was apparently awesome.

Was wondering if anyone else has caught one of his live DJ sets

and wether they think he should or could perform an official Glasto slot?

Edited by sufcmatt

He played the old firestation in Bournemouth, last year? I think it was, from what I remember the place was rammed and he was certainty spinning some classy tunes. I then left the main room where he was and decided it would be a good idea to get rat arsed to some electro beats but the short time I did see him was amazing . :P

From what I've gathered over the years he seems a pretty decent guy, however he gets really annoying with 'this is the most important song ever, since the last song I mentioned' crap. Sometimes he gets too enthusiastic for my liking.

He will probably do something next year as most of the BBC guys do and his show is a bit more free to experiment with. His club dj sets are usually not too bad as he does know about music and is a decent guy.

Saw most of his set in the Radio 1 tent at Glastonbury, he was fantastic, he started about half an hour before going live on the radio so the crowd were really into it by 7. He was absolutely fantastic, I was looking forward to Annie Mac more on the Friday night but she was no match for him. Will definately be trying to catch him live again

At Glasto This Year Zane Lowe did a DJ set on the BBC Introducing stage on the Thursday. The Tent was rammed and security were sending people the long way into the park area to calm things down. Me and my mate managed to get outside the tent but only caught the last few minutes.

He was joined onstage by guest including Mr.Hudson & The Streets.

Zane also supported MUSE at their hometown Teignmouth gigs and was apparently awesome.

Was wondering if anyone else has caught one of his live DJ sets

and wether they think he should or could perform an official Glasto slot?

From what I've gathered over the years he seems a pretty decent guy, however he gets really annoying with 'this is the most important song ever, since the last song I mentioned' crap. Sometimes he gets too enthusiastic for my liking.

He will probably do something next year as most of the BBC guys do and his show is a bit more free to experiment with. His club dj sets are usually not too bad as he does know about music and is a decent guy.

Caught his set at Glasto last year on the Thursday and it was great. After the blazing hot day and plenty of drinking and lounging it was fantastic fun. It was the sort of set that didn't take itself too seriously and had loads of classic rock and indie stuff mixed in. My highlight was having fought my way in to the tent, just in time to hear him drop Killing in the Name by Rage at which point me and a mate went into ultra-violent-pogo-thrash mode. Soon cleared a space I can tell you.

he seemed pretty decent when i met him djing at cargo. he had only just got off a plane from japan a few hours before and hadn't slept in ages... His dj set are pretty simple though but if you're going to see ZL then you dont expect to hear unheard of new music you want crowd pleasers, which he plays.

Caught his set at Glasto last year on the Thursday and it was great. After the blazing hot day and plenty of drinking and lounging it was fantastic fun. It was the sort of set that didn't take itself too seriously and had loads of classic rock and indie stuff mixed in. My highlight was having fought my way in to the tent, just in time to hear him drop Killing in the Name by Rage at which point me and a mate went into ultra-violent-pogo-thrash mode. Soon cleared a space I can tell you.

I saw him dj between the bands at Muse's Wembley show. He set himself up in the middle of the stage like he was an actually act people wanted to see. He played 3 Foo Fighter songs in about 20 minutes, and at one point he'd left the crossfader in the middle and you could hear over the Wembley PA him cueing the next track.

I find it very hard to like the man. His interviews are just sycophantic arse kisses; I heard him interview Rival Schools when he was on Xfm and they were talking about all these hardcore bands they liked and he was all like "OMG I LOVE THAT BAND" when it was very clear he had no idea who they were. His whole "NEW MUSIC" schtick when he's just pushing whatever the latest hype is and "lending" hsi vocal services to the ads for those band's records.

But I'm probably just jealous because I run an indie night and London and whilst people complain about paying £2 to come in, he does the same thing as me and gets paid £10k odd a pop. The bastard!

• 1 year later...

He doesnt mix live, no chance. Comes on stage in a fur coat or something, acting the DJ from start to finish. As for a setlist, anyone could come up with a rough one to match his in about 2 mins - Jump Around, Teen Spirit, Firestarter, something by Pendulum, let me clear my throat, some 'gangsta' hip hop, and the 2 most commercial dubstep tracks to seem cool to people who listen to him and AM on R1. Enjoy.

Edited by pr60