Showers

Guest hotmummy

I used the wateraid people in the green fields (near the composting loo's) for hair washing last year. They were lovely chaps who used a watering can and their own biodegradable shampoo to wash your hair for you, in return for a small donation in their bucket.

I've never used the showers but have ordered one of these this year....hopefully it will work a treat for a make-do-shower-without-queues whenever I fancy it :)

shower

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took my own shower to set up in my tent. They are available on amazon for under £20 for a "Ring RS1" model that works on batteries. My tent is just tall enough to stand up in the porch/ living area and each morning I warmed up a couple of pans of water on my camping cooker. Probably only need 3-4 litres max for a decent shower and it only needs to be slightly warm to be comfortable. Dont forget to put some plastic down to stop the ground inside your tent getting muddy

Edited by mikeydude

There were staff showers for recyclers (always an option should you want more showers & free meals ;) ) but I have to admit they were only useful on Sunday when it was red hot as they were lukewarm at best. And they were a bit dribbly, like someone having a widdle on you. But they freshened you up after a hard slog on the pyramid field :)

walked by the kidz field showers on Sunday and the queue was really short (about 4 people ahead) so I popped in for one...was lovely after such a hot day!

showers there are non-communal, just gotta be prepared to wait the line if you're there during peak times