Showers

Guest hotmummy

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I thoroughly recommend the Greenpeace showers. Walked past them midday on Sunday last year, there was no queue for the men’s and I couldn't resist it. I was really starting to hum. The showers were hot and the shampoo was provided. In fact you can't use your own as the shower water goes into the ground and their shampoo eco friendly. It didn't sort my hangover out as i'd hoped but I did at least not smell for a few hours.

I HAD to have one last weekend, I got sunburnt when I fell asleep in the sun outside my tent lol and needed to wash myself before putting suntan lotion on.

The greenpeace ones were ok, they were free, you just gave a donation on your way out. Was a bit gay how they ran them though, some bloke basically WATCHED you getting undressed, made sure you put your clothes on the side, then stood there watching you naked in the queue lol!

I aint going in again, I have a scar on my chest that looks like Ive had a fag put out there so I dont want starers lol. Wet wipes again as I have been doing since I was 15 at fests lol

Can't really put this delicately so sorry if I sound crass!

You can buy special wipes that are like wet wipes but designed for the *ahem* clunge. They're designed for 'intimate feminie use' so dont sting your bits like some wet wipes can!!

You did ask.......... :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I am going with the bucket wash idea this year. I don't fancy inflicting my scary post childbirth bod to a room full of wet strangers. Food stalls taking would go down significantly that day!

Beside time spent queuing for a shower is time not spent doing other much more exciting things.

You usually have your own cubicle in the communal showers, but it is communal changing (Sticka towel round yourself if you are shy)

There are a couple of cubicles at Sam's Sauna, which i usually use.

• 4 weeks later...

go for WET WIPES rather than baby wipes. baby wipes leave you greasy.

Also solar showers are pretty cheap, less than a tenner from a decent camping supply shop, and warm up even on an overcast day. Just depends how much you mind showering in the open ;)

I used the wateraid people in the green fields (near the composting loo's) for hair washing last year. They were lovely chaps who used a watering can and their own biodegradable shampoo to wash your hair for you, in return for a small donation in their bucket.

I've never used the showers but have ordered one of these this year....hopefully it will work a treat for a make-do-shower-without-queues whenever I fancy it :)

shower

These are great and communal. All boots off outside, loads of little ledges around the walls to stash your stuff while you get undressed/dressed. I'm a bloke but women friends have used them and also love them and reckon they feel safe, not hassled/oggled.

You might not get the madness of showering with about 20 male & female strangers who'll you'll never see again too often and the buzz of having done it and feeling clean for about 3 minutes after you step outside is wonderful.

Go for it!

Edited by Vectrex