Latest Festivals News

Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Showers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
82 replies to this topic

#41 lucyginger

lucyginger

staying out for the summer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:53 PM

wet wipes and 'lady' wipes are the way forward!! Do all your important bits every morning and night, then every other day give everywhere a wipe down.

The only trouble with that is that you remove the 'festival tan' each time :P

#42 kat_

kat_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:59 PM

Last year was my first Glasto and I managed with baby wipes. This year though I've found no-rinse body wash. It's basically liquid soap that lathers up and you just dry it off with a towel. And it smells of baby wipes too.

#43 Guest_musiclove123_*

Guest_musiclove123_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:18 PM

Last year was my first Glasto and I managed with baby wipes. This year though I've found no-rinse body wash. It's basically liquid soap that lathers up and you just dry it off with a towel. And it smells of baby wipes too.

Sounds great! Where did you get the no rinse body wash from?

#44 irons

irons

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:12 PM

What does open plan mean? In the showers or changing rooms? My gf might have a shower but doesn't fancy showing her hairy bits off.

#45 Richk109

Richk109

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:08 PM

Worth a try ??

http://www.######/No...-antibacterial/

Edited by Richk109, 28 March 2010 - 07:11 PM.

#46 catgirl

catgirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:29 PM

Hi all, this is a purely girly question but is there and showers at Glasto?

I went back in 99 and had a quick look for them but was sidetracked by beer and music. Did'nt mind too much, babywipes done the job back then, but now im a bit older and wiser (and prefer better hygiene :P )
If anyone has info on this i'd be greatful.

Cheers

The best tip I ever read on here for a shower (you do need a biggish space in your tent and someone to be your shower assistant though) get a solar shower, and a kids paddling pool just big enough for you to sit in, get the other person to hold your solar shower above you while you shower in your tent

#47 strolling wanderer

strolling wanderer

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:32 PM

What does open plan mean? In the showers or changing rooms? My gf might have a shower but doesn't fancy showing her hairy bits off.

That'll be open plan in both areas. :P

#48 foundacure

foundacure

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:47 PM

Oh the 'No Rinse' products are sooo worth a go. I've used the shampoo, conditioner and body wash the last 2 glasto's and will be stocking up for this year too. I always take good old baby wipes too and the combo work a treat, feel really fresh and smell good too :P

#49 irons

irons

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:24 AM

That'll be open plan in both areas. :P

OK, thanks. She'll probably not bother then, she's a bit shy :P

I might thou, wouldn't bother me. Never take a towel to festivals, must remember one this time.

#50 vinylvictim

vinylvictim

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:39 AM

Greenpeace showers are open plan changing and showering, altho segregated male/female.

The showers at the bottom of the kids field are more private, individual shower with curtain - most folk change behind the curtain as it's mixed sex.

Greenpeace showers are far superior though, hotter and better water pressure

#51 noodle24

noodle24

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:58 PM

we only walked past them but when we did they were always quite busy so never used them. :P

#52 kat_

kat_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:38 PM

http://www.######/-N...ess-Body-Wash-/

I got the no rinse body wash and also the shampoo. I had a little trial with the shampoo the other day. It was ok but my hair didn't feel really clean. It should do though for the 5 days. Better than wearing a hat all week!

#53 drunkendave

drunkendave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:36 PM

I thoroughly recommend the Greenpeace showers. Walked past them midday on Sunday last year, there was no queue for the menís and I couldn't resist it. I was really starting to hum. The showers were hot and the shampoo was provided. In fact you can't use your own as the shower water goes into the ground and their shampoo eco friendly. It didn't sort my hangover out as i'd hoped but I did at least not smell for a few hours.

#54 mungo57

mungo57

Festival Freak

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:27 PM

I HAD to have one last weekend, I got sunburnt when I fell asleep in the sun outside my tent lol and needed to wash myself before putting suntan lotion on.

The greenpeace ones were ok, they were free, you just gave a donation on your way out. Was a bit gay how they ran them though, some bloke basically WATCHED you getting undressed, made sure you put your clothes on the side, then stood there watching you naked in the queue lol!

I aint going in again, I have a scar on my chest that looks like Ive had a fag put out there so I dont want starers lol. Wet wipes again as I have been doing since I was 15 at fests lol

#55 al_coholic

al_coholic

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:38 PM

wet wipes and 'lady' wipes are the way forward!! Do all your important bits every morning and night, then every other day give everywhere a wipe down.

What are "lady" wipes. Do all ladies need them?

#56 lucyginger

lucyginger

staying out for the summer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:43 PM

Can't really put this delicately so sorry if I sound crass!

You can buy special wipes that are like wet wipes but designed for the *ahem* clunge. They're designed for 'intimate feminie use' so dont sting your bits like some wet wipes can!!

You did ask.......... :-)

#57 cejx

cejx

LEAVE NO TRACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:00 PM

Femfresh.

#58 kevin0410

kevin0410

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:02 PM

i can't believe nobody has mentioned the amazing showers at the bottom of the kids field.
get there 15 mins before they open and you will only queue for 20-30 mins. awesome showers!!
also they are very quiet during the evening.

#59 tristanshout

tristanshout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:55 PM

i can't believe nobody has mentioned the amazing showers at the bottom of the kids field.
get there 15 mins before they open and you will only queue for 20-30 mins. awesome showers!!
also they are very quiet during the evening.

What time do they open? I know my girlfriend's very keen to shower if she can, and I may as well if the option's there

#60 madspaceangel

madspaceangel

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:03 PM

Can't really put this delicately so sorry if I sound crass!

You can buy special wipes that are like wet wipes but designed for the *ahem* clunge. They're designed for 'intimate feminie use' so dont sting your bits like some wet wipes can!!

You did ask.......... :-)

makes you wonder how baby girls feel having these paint stripperesque things squiffled round thier parts a million times a day.

Anyway on topic. I am still undecided if showering is worth it or not. I hate having dirty hair but everyone tends to smell by the end of the weekend anyway so you don't notice that everyone is humming.