Showers

Guest hotmummy

Hi all, this is a purely girly question but is there and showers at Glasto?

I went back in 99 and had a quick look for them but was sidetracked by beer and music. Did'nt mind too much, babywipes done the job back then, but now im a bit older and wiser (and prefer better hygiene :) )

If anyone has info on this i'd be greatful.

Cheers

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, this is a purely girly question but is there and showers at Glasto?

I went back in 99 and had a quick look for them but was sidetracked by beer and music. Did'nt mind too much, babywipes done the job back then, but now im a bit older and wiser (and prefer better hygiene :) )

If anyone has info on this i'd be greatful.

Cheers

^^^ Yup, what they said. Babywipes and a bucket are all you need. Gets all the bits clean that need to be clean.

Its only a weekend or so and everyone is in the same boat (or tent).

I dont think I have ever noticed anyone smelling while I was there.

Then again, Ive been in no fit state to notice :)

Wet wipes and the odd strip wash early in the morning when there aren't huge queues at the basins. This may sound a bit odd but after five days of roughing it that first bath when you get home is just bliss!! :)

I think there were some solar powered showers in the field by John Peel. I couldn't quite tell if they were showers or not, but I think I remember someone saying they were.

I just do the whole wetwipes thing though, wash my hair by sticking my head under a water tap. Sorted! B)

the only showers i've ever used are the solar powered ones in the greenpeace field. they used to run a system where you took a ticket and came back at your alloted time, but they weren't running when i went last year (not sure if it was just because the queues weren't that big - it was raining). the last couple of years they've reduced the queues by making the showers completely open - they are single sex, but once you're in the boys/girls area it's just a bench along one side for changing, and a row of showers along the opposite wall with greenpeace peeps chivvying everyone along to keep the queue moving.

some girls went in in their bikinis or pants, whatever you're comfortable with.

i think there are also showers near the kids field/family camping, but i've never used them - always hear that the queues are massive? not sure about down near john peel.

there's also showers at the saunas and stuff, but they tend to keep them for sauna customers only if it gets too busy.

you're not allowed to take any products into the showers, the festival provide an all-in-one biodegradable (?) hair and body wash for you to use, so you might like to take a little container of leave in conditioner with you if you've got long tresses.

and if you are washing your hair under one of the taps don't forget that the run-off just drains straight into the ground, so take products that won't kill the fish B)

Hi all, thanks for the replys, think i'll stick with the wet-wipe option, and a bucket of water for a hair wash. Like everyone says, we're all in the same boat and im sure we'll fine better things to do than stand in ques waiting for a shower.

Cheers

Hi all, thanks for the replys, think i'll stick with the wet-wipe option, and a bucket of water for a hair wash. Like everyone says, we're all in the same boat and im sure we'll fine better things to do than stand in ques waiting for a shower.

Cheers

Don't think the showers were that popular. You could really smell everyone on the coach on the way back this year.

And no offence to anyone here who does it, but the people who queue up in big groups to wash their hair at the standpipes on the Friday morning when everyone else is queing up for drinking water (and therefore ensures the queue to fill up a couple of small bottles of water takes over an hour) should be banished.

And no offence to anyone here who does it, but the people who queue up in big groups to wash their hair at the standpipes on the Friday morning when everyone else is queing up for drinking water (and therefore ensures the queue to fill up a couple of small bottles of water takes over an hour) should be banished.

I've seen people doing that at other fests and it really wound me up, its the hight of selfishness imo and just makes the mud around the taps even worse when they're the type that dont have a trough at the bottom :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As mentioned there are showers at Sam's Sauna up in Undle Ground. Just two cubicles. And they're free, but any donations are accepted. Whilst you're there you may like to enjoy a sauna. And then there's the sauna in the Tipi Field which has three showers posts there. Though these are communal and mixed so if you prefer privacy these showers may not be to your liking. Also they're £5 which is a little expensive if you just want a shower! Hop in the sauna for a few rounds to get better value for money. Perfect place to relax for a bit away from the hustle and bustle of the festival site!