Showers

Guest hotmummy

Guest musiclove123

There is a solar shower in the field next to the john peel tent. We camped right next to it for ended up not having one anyway! Think it was shared by all but if you take swimming stuff or some clothes you dont mind not wearing to put on whilst showering that will work. There are also showers dotted throughout the site. Usually quite long q's

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think the showers were that popular. You could really smell everyone on the coach on the way back this year.

And no offence to anyone here who does it, but the people who queue up in big groups to wash their hair at the standpipes on the Friday morning when everyone else is queing up for drinking water (and therefore ensures the queue to fill up a couple of small bottles of water takes over an hour) should be banished.

Hi all, thanks for the replys, think i'll stick with the wet-wipe option, and a bucket of water for a hair wash. Like everyone says, we're all in the same boat and im sure we'll fine better things to do than stand in ques waiting for a shower.

Cheers

I can honestly say that there's a massive difference between baby wipes and having a shower. I've yet to have one at Glastonbury but I had one (an amazing, full power, private one!) at End of the Road and it made some difference. I remember seeing people looking all smug as they came out while I was queueing. Taking into account how long you're at Glastonbury for, I'm well going for one next year.

• 3 months later...

on the subject of washing hair can anyone recommend a good bio degrable shampoo?

ive looked on google but just thought id see if anyone here can recommend one

Don't go to the showers in the morning the queue's are a nightmare. I have jjoined the queue's in the past waited for 1.2 hour and then been told they close at lunch time, and how long the queue takes depends on how long people are in there. I have had success the past 2 years by carrying a towel around with me and then poping to the greenpeace solar showers in the afternoon, once I still had to queue but only 20mins and another time no queue at all. The showers are really nice and totally worth it.

Guest musiclove123

Dry shampoo all the way, for men and women. I haven't had a shower at a festival yet but 5 days can be pushing it. Use some decent scented baby wipes for your arms pits and below region. Also have a shower at the very lat minute before you set off to the site from your home

:P

I've never seen anyone doing that, what idiots!

My mate was p*ssing herself at the girls who camped next to us at T a few years ago coz they spent every morning throughly cleaning their wellies with baby wipes. I can understand giving them a quick wipe before you go into your tent but not if you're heading out around the site

Last year was my first Glasto and I managed with baby wipes. This year though I've found no-rinse body wash. It's basically liquid soap that lathers up and you just dry it off with a towel. And it smells of baby wipes too.

Guest musiclove123
Last year was my first Glasto and I managed with baby wipes. This year though I've found no-rinse body wash. It's basically liquid soap that lathers up and you just dry it off with a towel. And it smells of baby wipes too.

Hi all, this is a purely girly question but is there and showers at Glasto?

I went back in 99 and had a quick look for them but was sidetracked by beer and music. Did'nt mind too much, babywipes done the job back then, but now im a bit older and wiser (and prefer better hygiene :P )

If anyone has info on this i'd be greatful.

Cheers

Oh the 'No Rinse' products are sooo worth a go. I've used the shampoo, conditioner and body wash the last 2 glasto's and will be stocking up for this year too. I always take good old baby wipes too and the combo work a treat, feel really fresh and smell good too :P