world cup

Guest Kill

well the england team is just a premier league allstar XI really isnt it? As someone above has just said, john terry, rio ferdinand, ashley cole etc. I can not bring myself to support a team full of these (forgive my language) utter c**tbuckets.

As for a watford cup final, of course I would watch it, I am nothing if not a hypocrite!

I know its a boring cliche, but football is ruined now and not what it once was and I just dont really the current version of top football fits with the "glastonbury ethos" (sorry for using that awful term)

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's group E or F we need England to be in:

Link

That ensures only 1 England game over Glastonbury, and that'll be on the Thursday so no acts would be missed.

Yes but we lost then. Don't forget England are winning the world cup in 2010 so they only be victories thus enhancing an already great atmosphere. If the game is on Wed or Thur it has to be on the Pyramid else it'll be on the Other Stage I imagine. Anywhere smaller and you'll be asking for trouble

I like to think of glastonbury as a magical place to escape the mundanity and disgusting excesses of the real world.

Football nowadays, top level football that is, just about embodies everything that is wrong with the world today.

Why anyone would want glastonbury polluted by the grotesque thing that football has become is beyond me.

I'm just guessing - and not just via the content in his posts - that maninkilt probably isn't that interesting in seeing England play?

Not quite sure why I think that. Intuition maybe?

The fact that it's England or who ever they may be playing is utterly imaterial to me, just dont want the vile atmosphere that follows football way too much. Just dont need it at Glasto.

I know that loads of people are totaly commited to football but beleive it por not most people couldn't give a shit who is playing.

There will be an Eastenders episode on some time during the festival, shall we have that on the pyramid stage too?

Edited by dr_billy

I like to think of glastonbury as a magical place to escape the mundanity and disgusting excesses of the real world.

Football nowadays, top level football that is, just about embodies everything that is wrong with the world today.

Why anyone would want glastonbury polluted by the grotesque thing that football has become is beyond me.

Edited by dr_billy

Maybe alcohol and unhealthy food shouldn't be allowed at the festival. Both are pervasive in society as well and have far worse consequences than football. How about music, theatre, comedy, buying / selling of goods? All of them are far more wide spread than football is.

Whats so vital about football not being shown at a festival and how will it make us different if it isn't shown exactly?

Sooo, because it is immaterial to you it shouldn't be shown? And you seriously think the atmosphere for Glastonbury, this mythical, amazing festival would be ruined by possibly 180 minutes of football? Do you think comparing one of the world big sporting events that happens once every 4 years bringing people together from all over the world compares to an episode of a tv series that has been on 2 to 3 times a week for the last 20 years?

Do you think that they do? Football is just a sport, enjoy it if it is your thing but realise that in the sceme of things it does noty matter. I have a good mate who is a great bloke and mad on football, his life revolves around it, all he wants to talk about at work. He has convinced himself taht I am a Birmingham fan and takes the pee when they loose.

He cannot beleive that I and most people dont care about football.

Edited by dr_billy