"No more tickets on-sale until early 2010"

Guest ProperTea

I think doing it this way is probably fairer. Rather than a trickle of tickets being made available with no official announcement between now and the official re-sale, everyone will know when the re-sale is and have an equal chance of getting tickets.

E-festers who didn't get tickets will be understandably pissed off though. I remember last year people were really quick to post when tickets randomly went back on sale. Helped me get a ticket for a friend after the festival had officially 'sold out'.

Edited by grchughes

I wouldn't be suprised if this happens again IMHO. Especially after the next sale in February or whenever that turns out to be......

There are lots of reasons why people can't go - sickness, work committments, cost, clashes with something they didn't know about (wedding, death, birth,, etc.), and so I think there's always a trickle of returns in the lead up to the Festival.........you just need to be vigilant.

Thanks Neil. I had two of our registration numbers 'lost' so registered first thing yesterday, had one approved but the other refused. Don't know why, it was the same photo I'd used last time! Anyway do you know if there's any way they'll be opening the registration open before any possible resale next week?

Thanks

I believe that it's been officially said that registration will re-open on 12th Oct.

Whether that would give enough time for any new registrations to be approved before a sale *IF* there's one next week I don't know.

i thought you're going to uni? use your loan! :)

i was surprised tbh today I thought reg would be open 9am this morning and tickets from duplicates were going to go on sale

there's deff some tickets, as a few got duplicates ..i guess they decided to do the rest of the tickets/cancellations etc all at once

I hope you're right, I spoke to lady at see yesterday & she said Feb', and her words where that it looks like a lot will be on sale then. Must have had a load of cancelled or failed transactions?

You need to be careful believing what the sales people say - very often they have no good info.

I believe it's the case that there's fa fewer 'extra' tickets floating about this year than previously. In past years it was possible to book tickets with the same reg number both online and by phone (leading to lots of duplicate sales which then get cancelled and put back on sale); this year that couldn't happen.

I've been unable to find out how many deposit tickets didn't have the remainder paid up for the last festival, and so got put back on sale. However, even if I did find out last festival's figures, they wouldn't necessarily mean much for next year.

I know how many tickets were returned this year for refund by early May (the last refund date), and while the numbers might be similar next year they might not be. But it's not a huge number, even if there's twice as many for next year.

I've seen something here today about a supposed 13,000 tickets to be sold next year at some point. From what I know, I suspect the numbers will actually be less than that - less than 10,000 is my guess.

You need to be careful believing what the sales people say - very often they have no good info.

I believe it's the case that there's fa fewer 'extra' tickets floating about this year than previously. In past years it was possible to book tickets with the same reg number both online and by phone (leading to lots of duplicate sales which then get cancelled and put back on sale); this year that couldn't happen.

I've been unable to find out how many deposit tickets didn't have the remainder paid up for the last festival, and so got put back on sale. However, even if I did find out last festival's figures, they wouldn't necessarily mean much for next year.

I know how many tickets were returned this year for refund by early May (the last refund date), and while the numbers might be similar next year they might not be. But it's not a huge number, even if there's twice as many for next year.

I've seen something here today about a supposed 13,000 tickets to be sold next year at some point. From what I know, I suspect the numbers will actually be less than that - less than 10,000 is my guess.