Weather thread 2010

Guest remote

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehehe, just like a consumerist christmas, these threads seem to start earlir and earlier every year :P

Great to see you back on here WoW, you're my Glastonbury equivalent of the first cuckoo of spring.

I get the feeling that next year will either be the long-awaited proper scorcher OR torrential downpour.

I suspect the humm harr weather of recent times will pass in favour of something altogether more decisive. Gloves off.

Is it just me who - when the weather is as disgustingly c**tish as last night - thinks about Glastonbury?

Even last year, when I wasn't going, whenever it pissed it down, I just thought 'hmm, wouldn't fancy being by the Cider Bus in this'.

What's wrong with me? What's the scientific term for being a weather-obsessive?

as always with the weather thread i will look for the positive and ignore the negative. I will cling to any hope that a good forecast brings and turn a blind eye to the storm predictions that will inevitably turn up. So after careful thought, I reckon its gonna be a scorcher

• 2 weeks later...

The UK's weather service projects that, unless there is an exceptionally cold spell before the end of the year, temperatures will be up on last year.

Climate sceptics had pointed out that the temperature rise appeared to have stalled in the last decade or so.

That was caused in part by the Pacific La Nina current, which cools the Earth.

But the influence of La Nina declined in the spring and the Met Office project that, barring a very cold December, this year will be the fifth warmest on record.

Other sources say it could even be the third warmest.

The last ten years have been in the top 15 warmest on record. And this summer the UK enjoyed temperatures higher than the long-term average.

Although the Met Office was pilloried after forecasting a "barbecue summer", it was their rainfall forecast, not the projected temperatures, that was wrong.

Next year we will see the influence of the warming El Nino current, and the Met Office says there is a 50% chance that global temperatures will hit an all-time high.

From the BBC.

Just depends on when the warm weater come next year

Remeber NO RELIGATION NO COMPROMISE

• 2 months later...

Bumping for no particular reason, other than

This thread was last posted on at the end of November!

At 3 pages, this thread is the longest of the 'Weather 2010' threads (I did a thread title search on Glasto Chat) and we might as make this one the long term official weather thread (and thus kill off duplicate ones, so keep this one bumped folks! And make sure you actually murder anyone who starts another!! :P )

I have no news on the actual weather this early :P

I'm a forecast checker not a fortune teller -- all the good geeky people over on the netweather.tv forums are still drivelling on about winter, for the time being.

Fer now then, my hopecast says, as it does every year this early on :

We haven't had a completely dry and entirely shower/rain free festival since 1995 :P , so we're well overdue one as 100% hot and 100% dry and (almost) 100% sunny as it was way back then.

Bring it on folks.

Edited by William of Walworth