users on this forum

Guest calumtom19

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say all the bad experiences I've had at reading have been with groups of blokes who I'd judge to be in their twenties.

Maybe the younger ones are running around being annoying, but they haven't actually bothered me because they've been out of my way.

Why so you think Reading has a worse reputaion than other festivals then, if not the demographics?

Im not usually a fan of personal attacks but for a d*ckhead of your calibre I can make an exception; ive read sum of ur others posts on other topics somewhere along the lines of "so's ur mum" your arrogant self righteous pr*ck who has nothing better to do then pick fights with people over the net wot a sad and pathetic life you lead. Find something more fulfilling to do with your time maybe get in the bath make sure its nice and warm and then see wot happens if a hairdryer "accidently" falls in go on mate do us all a favour :lol: .
Edited by biffoire

Im not usually a fan of personal attacks but for a d*ckhead of your calibre I can make an exception; ive read sum of ur others posts on other topics somewhere along the lines of "so's ur mum" your arrogant self righteous pr*ck who has nothing better to do then pick fights with people over the net wot a sad and pathetic life you lead. Find something more fulfilling to do with your time maybe get in the bath make sure its nice and warm and then see wot happens if a hairdryer "accidently" falls in go on mate do us all a favour :lol: .

Im not usually a fan of personal attacks but for a d*ckhead of your calibre I can make an exception; ive read sum of ur others posts on other topics somewhere along the lines of "so's ur mum" your arrogant self righteous pr*ck who has nothing better to do then pick fights with people over the net wot a sad and pathetic life you lead. Find something more fulfilling to do with your time maybe get in the bath make sure its nice and warm and then see wot happens if a hairdryer "accidently" falls in go on mate do us all a favour :( .

• 3 weeks later...

You should post this on ORFul.

Also: Christ, poor grammar and slightly whiney tone aside; the lad's point seems pretty much bang on the money judging by some of the responses to it....

Edited by Vacant0

Some metalheads (such as myself) felt a bit annoyed at Reading/Leeds because their sucess in the late 90's and early 00's was down to attarcting a variety of rock fans including metalheads. Now they more or less ignore metal because indie gets them the big bucks. I'm not gonna whine anymore about it, i'm just not gonna go anymore and go to metal/rock festivals instead (i've been doign Downlaod sicne it started anyways). Thats why Sonisphere started anyhows, it saw a gap in the market for another rock/metal festival because Downaod was the only one now, R+L has given up on competing for rockers and metal fans.

I think thats a reasonable view, I don't see the need to have ago at every metalhead because we were dissapointed and moaned a bit.

Edited by Spiral_Low

Some metalheads (such as myself) felt a bit annoyed at Reading/Leeds because their sucess in the late 90's and early 00's was down to attarcting a variety of rock fans including metalheads. Now they more or less ignore metal because indie gets them the big bucks. I'm not gonna whine anymore about it, i'm just not gonna go anymore and go to metal/rock festivals instead (i've been doign Downlaod sicne it started anyways). Thats why Sonisphere started anyhows, it saw a gap in the market for another rock/metal festival because Downaod was the only one now, R+L has given up on competing for rockers and metal fans.

I think thats a reasonable view, I don't see the need to have ago at every metalhead because we were dissapointed and moaned a bit.

Edited by thomasowen

And their success in the 60's was down to getting Jazz and Blues acts, in the early 70's glam rock, in the late 70's / early 80's punk etc. I mean Metal and rock were really popular at the turn of the decade, but now there are very few new (not Nu) metal bands that would draw a big audience, it would just make for a worse festival which is what the real music fan (not metal fanboys) with a diverse music taste doesn't wants. This year there was plenty of metal and punk to satisfy the average Reading and Leeds goer. If people want more then there are other festivals they can go to (as you have sensibly done), so lets not complain about it because there is nothing anyone can do.

And their success in the 60's was down to getting Jazz and Blues acts, in the early 70's glam rock, in the late 70's / early 80's punk etc. I mean Metal and rock were really popular at the turn of the decade, but now there are very few new (not Nu) metal bands that would draw a big audience, it would just make for a worse festival which is what the real music fan (not metal fanboys) with a diverse music taste doesn't wants. This year there was plenty of metal and punk to satisfy the average Reading and Leeds goer. If people want more then there are other festivals they can go to (as you have sensibly done), so lets not complain about it because there is nothing anyone can do.