10 reasons why CF was crap and I'm never going back to that hole again...

Guest gmoore96

I've been to about 15 festivals over the last 16 years or so, Here's why CF was probably the worst:

1. 2 hours queueing to get into the festival site, even in the VIP/Hospitality area coz the security were literally searching everyone

2. VIP gate into Hed Kandi arena not opened all festival so had to walk half a mile (and get searched everytime) to get into arena

3. Tents too small (queueing to get into the Swedish House Mafia tent)

4. Sunday night in VIP camping, little sh*ts robbing from tents

5. ... and ittle sh*ts kicking in other peoples tents

6. ... and ittle sh*ts setting fire to tents

7. 17 year old ittle sh*ts getting hammered and starting fights with people (two girls started on another girl outside the Hed Kandi toilets for no reason)

8. Sound on main stage was crap

9. Beer was overpriced at bars (£3.50 for a 275ml bottle of Stella)

10. Couldnt bring in own beer or even buy crates

and a couple more ...

11. Finishing at 23.00 on Sunday, what a load of bollocks....

12. And this one is just personal taste but most things I wanted to see were all on Sunday, and all clashed with one another.

£175 for this crap. Rip off.

Global this year was same price and about 20 times better and no little sh*ts on the rob and fighting.

Anyone got any others?

I agree about Global mate, it was bigger and better but VIP was loads better at Creamfields by far, especially the toilets ! they were the same as GG had last year :( Hed Kandi were awesome too :D

However, there were robbing sh*ts at Global too, loads in both standard and VIP which ruins it for everyone and it's just not fair :(

Edited by shazt

Im pretty sure the bottles were 330ml, and compare those prices to any clubs in town on a bank holiday and their not actually that bad.

As for your other points i totally agree. Cant understand why they searched you on entry to the campsite, then on entry in the arena...and then again to get into the hospitality area, it was completely unnecessary and wasted our time.

And as for that green gate, why put it their if their not gunna use it!!! We paid an extra £75 for VIP and end up having to walk further to get in than standard campers.

Why did they change the set times of the mainstage on sunday and not make more of an effort to let us know?? We missed Calvin Harris because of this.

And the Guetta set. The tent became packed due to bad communication between the staff. We got let in through one of the side entrances but I thought they were exits only. If the staff did their job properly we would have seen a full Guetta set.

Besides all this I did actually enjoy the weekend, as long as i wasnt queuing, being searched or being kicked out of tents :(

It's like everything in life, different people have different opinions. I've never been to Global but love Creamfields. Probably helps that I don't camp and get Hospitality tickets but never have any problems and will be back for my 10th Anniversary next year!! :rolleyes:

With regards to some of the problems, I think Cream struggled a bit with it only being the second year of 2 days and camping and also the fact that it was a sell out for the first time ever. I'm sure some of these things will be put right for next year.

I agree about Global mate, it was bigger and better but VIP was loads better at Creamfields by far, especially the toilets ! they were the same as GG had last year :) Hed Kandi were awesome too :)

However, there were robbing sh*ts at Global too, loads in both standard and VIP which ruins it for everyone and it's just not fair :)

Sorry if i’m playing catch up guys, only just back from Ibiza y/day – what an awesome holiday! :huh:

Anyways, we wondered if anyone found anything else out about the set change time of Calvin on the main stage?? We left the Go Dutch arena early so we could get a decent spot & couldn’t believe it when we got there Calvin was already on. Think we got about 3 songs, then his set was over. Got talking to quite a few people as we headed out, who where just coming onto the field to see him. This was quite terrible organisation, espesh with the amount of £7s people spent on the w/ends set time listings. We did realise after this, the set times for the remaining acts of the day on the main stage where shown up on the big screen, but these where all unchanged – was a bit of a strange one for sure!

As for David Guetta, what happened there exactly? We walked over to the Cream tent to see queues of people outside & to what looked like to be an empty tent?! :)

Sorry if i’m playing catch up guys, only just back from Ibiza y/day – what an awesome holiday! :P

Anyways, we wondered if anyone found anything else out about the set change time of Calvin on the main stage?? We left the Go Dutch arena early so we could get a decent spot & couldn’t believe it when we got there Calvin was already on. Think we got about 3 songs, then his set was over. Got talking to quite a few people as we headed out, who where just coming onto the field to see him. This was quite terrible organisation, espesh with the amount of £7s people spent on the w/ends set time listings. We did realise after this, the set times for the remaining acts of the day on the main stage where shown up on the big screen, but these where all unchanged – was a bit of a strange one for sure!

As for David Guetta, what happened there exactly? We walked over to the Cream tent to see queues of people outside & to what looked like to be an empty tent?! :D

so mr harris did turn up then????

i was RAGING i missed too many dj's. one of the reasons i went down there!!! missed them at T in the Park and then Creamfields. ARGH :):D

with regards to guetta, somebody was supposed to have collapsed in the tent so there were medical staff in thats why they werent letting anymore people in till they had been dealt with. then after that they let everybody in :):)

broxy

xxx

The only festival I went to where a death occured was last years truely awful GateCrasher Summer Soundsystem, and that got reported in local press :lol:. I've been keeping my eye out for news on this years Cream, only thing I saw confirmed was those two poor girls that got killed in car crash on way :lol:

The only festival I went to where a death occured was last years truely awful GateCrasher Summer Soundsystem, and that got reported in local press :(. I've been keeping my eye out for news on this years Cream, only thing I saw confirmed was those two poor girls that got killed in car crash on way :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...