What a Beautiful Festival!

Guest Spiky Mike

Have been meaning to give it a go for a few years, especially as I'm a big Levellers fan, but as I've always gone to Leeds and usually a day of V, have never got round to it before, but as I was not overly keen on line-ups at the other 2 and have always hated the grotesquely corporate nature of V and its clientele, decided to try it this year and loved it!

Big enough to keep us occupied all weekend, but small enough to not have to walk too far from the car parks to the camping and then to the stages. Really friendly atmosphere, totally devoid of the knobheads that are so prevalent at V and NO QUEUES! The only long queue all weekend was for a shower which was well worth it. Toilets always clean and with loo roll.

Loved Levellers, Pogues, King Blues and Living End. Other festivals should take note of how to run a festival that treats its audience with respect.

Also great to go to a fest that even though sold out, still has plenty of space to move around.

Will definitely be back next year.

Glad you liked it.

Every year I think, that was good, but i must try something else next year, (Bestival, secret garden party, endorseit and bearded theory all appeal to me) and every year when the tickets go on sale, I just wind up buying one without a 2nd thought! As I have been to all of them since 2005 I suspect that tells you something. :lol:

So all the V Heads will be planning on descending on Glasto even more now...time to go to SGP, Endorse It and BD methinks.

I just don't think Beaut Days appeals to V Heads - it's appeal lies more in those sick of V or who would never go to V in the first place. I do suspect that after such a smashing weekend tickets will sell out faster next year.

There were a lot of newbies this year, and the regulars are sure to hear about how good it was, and make a return next year.

I just don't think Beaut Days appeals to V Heads - it's appeal lies more in those sick of V or who would never go to V in the first place. I do suspect that after such a smashing weekend tickets will sell out faster next year.

There were a lot of newbies this year, and the regulars are sure to hear about how good it was, and make a return next year.

Have been meaning to give it a go for a few years, especially as I'm a big Levellers fan, but as I've always gone to Leeds and usually a day of V, have never got round to it before, but as I was not overly keen on line-ups at the other 2 and have always hated the grotesquely corporate nature of V and its clientele, decided to try it this year and loved it!

Big enough to keep us occupied all weekend, but small enough to not have to walk too far from the car parks to the camping and then to the stages. Really friendly atmosphere, totally devoid of the knobheads that are so prevalent at V and NO QUEUES! The only long queue all weekend was for a shower which was well worth it. Toilets always clean and with loo roll.

Loved Levellers, Pogues, King Blues and Living End. Other festivals should take note of how to run a festival that treats its audience with respect.

Also great to go to a fest that even though sold out, still has plenty of space to move around.

Will definitely be back next year.

Couldn't agree more... superb festival :D

Don't know how they will be able to match that line up again though.. The Pogues, Gong, Hawkwind, The Subhumans, The Levellers, The Blockheads.. I'd go and see those bands every year!

btw on the off chance anyone found my top hat near the Bimble Inn on Sunday, please let me know. :rolleyes:

This was my first ever full on Music Festival and I totally can not wait for the next one!! Enjoyed all of the the music I heard and meeting so many wonderful people. Now have so many bands to try and follow, more trips the the UK I think!!!! Don't know how I have survived a Summer before this..... :wacko:

• 1 month later...

A bit late in the day for an endorsement of Beautiful Days... but what with the "excitement" over the Glasto ticket release, I'm back on Efests for a limited period only... <_<

It really was a superb festival.

I was initially put off by the fact that we managed to tour the whole site in 20 minutes... being used to Glasto, the general rule is, that if there's nothing you want to see in your current location, then you wander off somewhere else... and by the time you get back to where you started, it's 4 hours down the line, and something else is going on...

..but the smaller site and more relaxed atmosphere gave me the opportunity to just... sit... sit on the ground, drink some cider, and enjoy the atmosphere. Something I haven't done at a festival for years... :huh:

Even had the opportunity to get right down to the front for bands I wanted to see. My highlights (both expected and otherwise), were Lamb, The Living End, The Wonder Stuff, The Levellers, Gong, Banco De Gaia, Tom Middleton, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Never saw any trouble, and all the festivalgoers were in the right frame of mind. All lovely people.

None of the aggro you get at the other festivals... none of that unsettling feeling that has even pervaded Glasto in recent years.

Thoroughly enjoyed myself. Thanks to everyone, organisers and punters alike, for making it a great festival. :lol:

• 5 months later...

Hi guys im undertaking a research project on festivals and there green activitys, compost loo`sand all that stuff!

Really want to get a broad range of people not just avid reading goers, more small boutique fests (as well all know these are the best ones!)

Please can you all take a min to answer these questions willliterally take 30 seconds, an who knows if you spot me out tentinitthis summer i`ll buy u all a beer!!!!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Y8339DH

Thank youuuuu peace n love see you all this summer!!! xxxxx

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...