EARLY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Guest marooned

Although I've been a Dreadzone fan for 20 or more years, this year at Larmer Tree had me thinking

they don't do it, for me, anymore.

Whether it's just that they seem to play EVERY Festival I go to, OR that they just do the 'bouncy-bouncy' stuff now and NOT the trippy-spacey stuff of their first 3 or 4 albums, I don't know! They even look semi-bored thenselves - seems if Mr.Spree's at his mental best it works, if not - it don't. Still, I'm sure it'll go down a treat with pimmed-up housewives......

Perhaps it's just Friday Blues, but THIS Scotsman ain't partin' with his cash.........just yet!!!

Although I've been a Dreadzone fan for 20 or more years, this year at Larmer Tree had me thinking

they don't do it, for me, anymore.

Whether it's just that they seem to play EVERY Festival I go to, OR that they just do the 'bouncy-bouncy' stuff now and NOT the trippy-spacey stuff of their first 3 or 4 albums, I don't know! They even look semi-bored thenselves - seems if Mr.Spree's at his mental best it works, if not - it don't. Still, I'm sure it'll go down a treat with pimmed-up housewives......

Perhaps it's just Friday Blues, but THIS Scotsman ain't partin' with his cash.........just yet!!!

Mr Canoe - how can you NOT have seen Dreadzone (actually it was probably 30 years ago that John Peel turned me on to them with the track TEA from an early album).

More importantly how can you semi-diss Alabama 3 - ace band - and theme tune to the best TV drama ever. I can see I'll have to get Fat Tony to whack you................I jest! It's only opinions innit.

Mr Canoe - how can you NOT have seen Dreadzone (actually it was probably 30 years ago that John Peel turned me on to them with the track TEA from an early album).

More importantly how can you semi-diss Alabama 3 - ace band - and theme tune to the best TV drama ever. I can see I'll have to get Fat Tony to whack you................I jest! It's only opinions innit.

Well having seen them this Friday just gone at Beautiful Days (following on the back of Sonic Boom Six and King Blues, in fact Wychwood they are two bands you should definitely have playing 2010!!!) Dreadzone were on top form, tight as hell energy in abundance and a great rappour with the crowd. The best I've seen them in a while, they played the new single and you could see they were feeling engaged because of the pending new album. They also did a DJ set later in the festival at a much smaller stage which was very chilled.

The back being announced for 2010 with the Levs and The Bad Sheperds Wychwood already have my money :lol:

• 1 month later...