Weather for Beautiful Days

Guest crewealexfan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty scared about the rain predicted to come in from the SW (worst direction! :angry: <_< ) for Thursday night/early Friday morning.

After that, 'not too bad' seems to sum it up -- some showers, but mainly light/patchy, and not cold, and some possibly warmish sunshine at times as well. Fingers crossed that we don't get to arrive onto a site already inundated into a mudbath -- avoid that on Thurs night/Friday morning, and we'll probably escape the worst.

My links from last year, quoted above, should all still work, check em out as they get updated, those who have more time ...

The BBC Weather site (which I have taken to more or less relying on now rather than Metcheck) and its funky map programme that shows the clouds and precipitation predictions for up to 5 days looks to be light rain more or less. Not super nice but no drenchings hopefully.

Sunday doesnt look too pretty though AT the moment.

We can do this. Just pack good waterproofs.

The little tent I am taking has lost most of its waterproofyness but nothing one of those giant space blanket emergency shelters can't sort out pegged to the outside and I plan on attaching some sort of tarp porch too. I cant carry my heavy tent on the train so have to make do.

My biggest worry is the location of Camp Strudders and the fact its at the bottom of the hill though :(

It's been dark skies all day today but still no rain as yet bar a few drips intermittently - so I doubt the site is muddy.

However it is very windy so make sure you get those guy ropes in properly tomorrow. The wind makes it feel cold but as soon as I put layers on I'm too hot because the temperature is still pretty high.

Just seen a brief line over on Urban75 from 'Sunrarr', onsite, pretty much confirming what Sco77ie said above ... and I've just seen the 6:30 BBC forecast which seems to see Exeter avoiding the worst of the rain tonight and tomorrow -- we'll get some for sure, but maybe not the very worst, which seems to have stayed somewhat further West and North in Cornwall and Devon, and pitched up in Wales too -- it's horrendous here in S Wales and will remain so all night, I think poor old Green Man goers can expect worse conditions than us SE Devon-bound people...

In the end, was spitting when we arrived Friday, then gradually dried up over weekend until hot sunshine was the theme on the Sunday, then a weatherfront from hell appeared and it pissed down from Sunday afternoon and all through the night. Don't suppose anyone was really bothered though as never saw anyone not having a really sound time, me included.

• 3 months later...