'Be Chilled' at TITP - why not something similar at Glasto?

Guest markeee

i was just reading about this 'Be chilled' service , where you can just reserve your lager and pickup crates of it there,

http://www.tinthepark.com/content/default.asp?page=s5_11

Why don't they do something similar at Glasto?

The official beer, Carlsberg would make more money & i'm sure logistically they could handle it? and perhaps it would encourage more people to use public transport, as it is a deterrant , if you can drive you can take as much as you want, but if you chose to use public transport you're limited due to the sheer awkwardness/weight.

This is, assuming they don't charge some astronomically high price for the privilege

if a thread like this has already been posted - sorry:)

the deal at rockness this year was great!

http://www.rockness.co.uk/we-want-your-warm-beer.....

trade in ur warm beer (any brand any size, 15p can on asda beer if u wish!) and get a 500ml can of carling back!

get deal, as i had crates of tennents with me, only 440ml traded in for the carling! i seen people with crappy asda own brand beer (crates and crates!) and traded it in for there carling.

get your butts up to rockness 2010 :huh:

trade in ur warm beer (any brand any size, 15p can on asda beer if u wish!) and get a 500ml can of carling back!

get deal, as i had crates of tennents with me, only 440ml traded in for the carling! i seen people with crappy asda own brand beer (crates and crates!) and traded it in for there carling.

I reckon the main reason would be because the bars and festival would lose so much money. It's always done in the campsites at other festivals which obviously couldn't happen at Glastonbury because there is no arena/campsite seperation, people just wouldn't bother buying pints and would just exchange cans all day as that would be far cheaper.

In October last year I contacted carlsberg and GF to ask about selling trays of beer here are the responces I got.

Thank you for your emails sent to the Carlsberg website.

As sponsors of the event, Carlsberg UK co-operate fully with Glastonbury

on all environmental and safety matters. A 'canned' bar would prove

difficult for Glastonbury from a collection and a safety perspective.

As a result of this, Glastonbury only allows cans in the camping fields,

and draught in the main arena.

Kind regards

The Lagers Team

It is a deliberate policy not to have a can bar. There are two main reasons;

Firstly, it is a health and safety concern that full cans can and often are used as missiles in crowds. If the licencing authority had their way ideally we would have no cans on site at all. We strike this compromise that you can bring in some alcohol in cans for your own consumption on the premise that most people leave them in their tents.

Secondly we have, in past years, had deaths amongst the cattle that graze on Worthy Farm caused by ingesting ring-pulls from beer cans, so Michael is unlikely to ever agree to a Can Bar for that reason.

Best Wishes

Glastonbury Festival Office

In October last year I contacted carlsberg and GF to ask about selling trays of beer here are the responces I got.

Thank you for your emails sent to the Carlsberg website.

As sponsors of the event, Carlsberg UK co-operate fully with Glastonbury

on all environmental and safety matters. A 'canned' bar would prove

difficult for Glastonbury from a collection and a safety perspective.

As a result of this, Glastonbury only allows cans in the camping fields,

and draught in the main arena.

Kind regards

The Lagers Team

It is a deliberate policy not to have a can bar. There are two main reasons;

Firstly, it is a health and safety concern that full cans can and often are used as missiles in crowds. If the licencing authority had their way ideally we would have no cans on site at all. We strike this compromise that you can bring in some alcohol in cans for your own consumption on the premise that most people leave them in their tents.

Secondly we have, in past years, had deaths amongst the cattle that graze on Worthy Farm caused by ingesting ring-pulls from beer cans, so Michael is unlikely to ever agree to a Can Bar for that reason.

Best Wishes

Glastonbury Festival Office

T in the Park is waaay overrated and actually a lot more corporate than it seems at a first glance. It's just so tennants can make a shitload on overpriced cans, on top of the shitload the are already making by the rest of the festival. I can't see Glasto doing it that way tbh.

Edited by ailslie

T in the Park is waaay overrated and actually a lot more corporate than it seems at a first glance. It's just so tennants can make a shitload on overpriced cans, on top of the shitload the are already making by the rest of the festival. I can't see Glasto doing it that way tbh.
Edited by BenchBuddah