this festival is awful

Guest Jackmypie

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from when they headlined in 1994...

I'm guessing you're a rock/metal fan. If you take the time you'll see Glasto has a very rich rock history with past performances by Nine Inch Nails, Deftones, Smashing Pumpkins, Terrorvision, Rocket from the Crypt, Foo Fighters, Lost Prophets, Panic at the Disco, Placebo, Muse, Queens of the Stoneage, Fu Manchu, Biffy Clyro, Battles, Spinal Tap, Brand New, Less Than Jake, Rival Schools, 100 Reasons, Bloodhound Gang, Methods of Mayhem, A Perfect Circle, Joe Strummer, Feeder, Sonic Youth, Page & Plant, Weezer, The Offspring......

Neil Young

The Specials

Fleet Foxes

Regina Spektor

Bruce Springsteen

Kasabian

Crosby, Stills and Nash

Dizzee Rascal

Spinal Tap

Eagles of Death Metal

Tinariwen

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

Easy Star All-Stars

Compare the headliners of the 2 festivals and you will see what i mean.

I have no actual problem with glasto or the people that choose to go, but i do feel that the line up will cater for the pop world

Edited by MEGABOWL

Can you tell me when RAGE played, i know they performed back in 94 but can't find them on the bill any other time.

perhaps it was just the once then, tho I thought they'd played in 2000 too (having just checked, it seems I was wrong).

Also i don't fancy a Mud bath.

it's really not as bad as the lying media would have you believe.

i know plenty of perople who enjoy both and they agree that the acts found at Reading are generally more alternative although maybe not as diverse.

if by 'alternative' you mean mainstream chart-hitting indie/pop, then yes you're right, Reading is more alternative. :lol:

Reading is about as alternative as Tescos. It doesn't get more corporate.

But RAGE defineniately wouldn't play Glasto now! I'll put money on it!

yep, so would I - they only play now for the money, and Glasto doesn't pay top dollar. :)

That is the main stage for Glasto this year seems that its a bit, for lack of a better word, CRAP.

the main stage at Glasto is just that - the main stage where the more mainstream acts that attract the biggest crowds play. Just like Reading's main stage in fact. ;)

The best action is away from the main stage. Most years I don't see any act on the main stage, and with around 50 stages to choose from (rather than just the four at Reading), it's hardly surprising that that's the case,.

Now before you start blithering on about prodigy playing glasto also, they did and they clashed with Blur so yes there is diversity but at what price, you can't see all the bands.

that's the same at any fest, including your beloved Reading. Reading is sold to you on the basis of around 200 acts that play, but it's not possible to see more than about 30 of them.

Meanwhile, Glastonbury doesn't sell itself on any acts - 130,000+ people trust Glastonbury to book a superb line-up which nearly everyone can find at least five times more to do than they possibly could, and each year Glastonbury matches the trust placed in it.

I have no actual problem with glasto or the people that choose to go, but i do feel that the line up will cater for the pop world rather than a more alternative audience, if you dont agree then explain:

the *real* alternative music scene is not the media-hyped here-today gone-tomorrow acts that Reading books year on year. It's underground acts, those you probably don't even know exist. :(

Having mentioned Offspring earlier, i would like to point out to you that both Offspring and Less than Jake, have previously stated that Reading is there favorite festival, can't argue with them i'm afraid, they know more than you!

wow, I guess that seals it then. :lol::)

Meanwhile, the world's biggest acts - and the smallest - are all desperate to play Glastonbury above all other fests, and don't care that their fee for doing so is tiny compared to elsewhere. Would acts do that for Reading? Only those desperate for fame amongst scenesters. :(

who gives a f**k if rage play, they arent that good. when you turn 17 you might start to realise that

dont really want to get into this argument cos it looks like it may turn violent(and,more importantly,i havent been to glastonbury so i cant compare) but as its been suggested that rage against the machine fans will grow out of them,im intrigued to know who im supposed to listen to when this happens.

im 39 now and rage have been my favorite band for 15 years so im bound to grow out of them soon.i hope that old bastards like me arnt expected to listen to neil young and bruce springstein.

Whats a 'real holiday'? Do you mean getting on a plane and being surrounded by other british people on some shitty resort in spain? I'm 29 and still favor glastonbury over going on some w*nky package holiday with a load of tanked up dickheads i spend most of my time trying to avoid.

Whats a 'real holiday'? Do you mean getting on a plane and being surrounded by other british people on some shitty resort in spain? I'm 29 and still favor glastonbury over going on some w*nky package holiday with a load of tanked up dickheads i spend most of my time trying to avoid.

who gives a f**k if rage play, they arent that good. when you turn 17 you might start to realise that

dont really want to get into this argument cos it looks like it may turn violent(and,more importantly,i havent been to glastonbury so i cant compare) but as its been suggested that rage against the machine fans will grow out of them,im intrigued to know who im supposed to listen to when this happens.

im 39 now and rage have been my favorite band for 15 years so im bound to grow out of them soon.i hope that old bastards like me arnt expected to listen to neil young and bruce springstein.

This is really fairly funny. Why do people feel the need to come onto a Reading board to say 'ohhhh Glastonbury is better' its just a ridiculous post. Weather or not one festival is actually better is immaterial. To the people busy posting on this board Reading is better than who or what ever other festival is suggested, thats why they chose to come to Reading and spend there time on this board.

The reasoning behind the fact that people are so insecure that they feel the need to specially post on one festivals sub forum that another festival is better than it is beyond me. Infact when we look at the realise that people who go to Reading don't feel the need to go over to Glastonbury boards and post up threads, or post in threads, suggesting that 'Glastonbury is shite' and people should 'come to Reading' maybe we realise that in at lest one respect the Reading crowd is more mature...

Infact when we look at the realise that people who go to Reading don't feel the need to go over to Glastonbury boards and post up threads, or post in threads, suggesting that 'Glastonbury is shite' and people should 'come to Reading' maybe we realise that in at lest one respect the Reading crowd is more mature...