Your funniest moment at glastonbury...

Guest portaloo_dan

I was returning back to my tent at Glasto 08 to discover a human lobster breaking into my tent. I kindly told him to **** off, only to discover it wasn't even my tent!!!!!!!!!

i blame the cider bus ;)

I was lucky the lobster was one of many sound people i met that year!!!!

He sat me down, gave me a bow, toot of the reefa and sent me on my way..

what a legend - what a festival :)

Edited by portaloo_dan

You've just reminded me of spliff bingo. This took place at one of the small stages bewteen acts and the winner was the recipient of a finely rolled joint. The band after was s banjo/ukelele trio doing a storming set of rock classics. Funny afternoon. ;)

One of my mates came in 2005 and he doesn't really drink, definitely never does drugs. Anyway, we went to the Stone Circle on the Thursday evening and he had a fair old go on a joint. An hour or so passed and he was falling all over the shop, could barely walk. I'd ran out of beer so I headed back to the campsite with him. As we were walking across the Pyramid Stage field, an almighty roar of Bollocks went up across the campsites, my poor mate was convinced it was machine guns being fired at him. We had a great time shouting "SCOTT, GET DOWN!" and watching as he dropped to the floor in a ball, we left him a few seconds before yelling "SCOTT! GO GO GO!" and watching him sprint towards his tent.

In 2004 my brother got in a mood because he'd been drinking hot beer from cans all day and he decided he was going to go and buy some cold ones and not let us have any of them, nor would he fetch us any, so off he went, moaning like an old woman. He's gone a fair while and I assume he's decided to stay down there talking to people. About an hour later I hear "Ben, look what I've got" coming from about 5 tents away. I'd never seen him so happy, I'd also never laughed as hard as I did when he tripped over a guy rope and saw 8 pints of cold lager go flying. He settled for warm cans for the rest of the weekend.

When I was on the Info Point at the Pyrmid Stage.

I was stood with a few big blokes, and this lad came across with his hands clasped together. He then opened them to reveal a baby rabbit, and said "This is lost I have found it". We di try to point out how a rabbit could be lost in a field it lives in...

Anywhoo, I took said rabbit off to on of the "safe zones", and it ook me nearly 2 hours to get through the crowd. A man with a baby rabbit in his hand is a fanny magnet ;)

There are too many to write here, but a fave funny moment was on Saturday afternoon in '07 when my friend Laura really needed the loo. We had just finished watching someone (can't remember who cos I was pretty screwed!) on the pyramid so the queues for the long drops were pretty huge. After waiting about 30 minutes she had been so desperate that she forgot to lock the door, and upon realising that she had no loo roll, she stood up and popped her head over the door to ask me for some, not realising that she had leant on the door and gave the entire crowd a lovely view of her 'Lady Garden'!!! I was laughing so much that I couldn't even tell her, and the more she was trying to get my attention, the further she was leaning out of the cubicle and showing even more!

Bad friend, but good times!!!

(I am now laughing uncontrollably at the memory!!!!)

Watching Jay-Z last year, i had a bag of wine which I was gradually polishing off, 2 very Welsh lads in front of me were enjoying the show and one asked me if he could have a mouthful of my wine to whet his whistle. Being a generous kind of bloke i happily got him his own glass out of my bag and poured him and his mate their own vino. The look of sheer happiness and gratefulness that spread across his face was priceless, what was even better was when he said in the broadest Welsh accent imaginable (imagine Rob Brydon in Gavin And Stacy) "do you want some ketamine for the wine", I politely declined, then he topped it all off by saying "white wine, Jay-Z and ketamine, what a night, hey" Made me laugh my arse off!!!

Soon after, the same bloke obligingly lifted a random young lady onto his shoulders and gradually got lower and lower until she pretty much fell off, then they did exactly the same thing again 5 minutes later. Maybe white wine and ketamine weren't such a good combo?

some may find this funny, others may not.

upon arriving at my first glastonbury, after setting tent up etc, strolled down to the fairly empty pyramid field. sun setting, birds singing, i spotted a couple having a picnic "how romantic i thought" i then glanced to the side to see a bloke off his tits on shrooms, running round and around in a circle. he then got his hmmhmm out and did a wee, as he was going in circles, gettin nearer and nearer to the couple, until he sprayed them in a glorious shower then fell down arse facing the sky, face in the grass, half slumped on their picnic blanket.

made me chuckle a little inside. :)

When I was on the Info Point at the Pyrmid Stage.

I was stood with a few big blokes, and this lad came across with his hands clasped together. He then opened them to reveal a baby rabbit, and said "This is lost I have found it". We di try to point out how a rabbit could be lost in a field it lives in...

Anywhoo, I took said rabbit off to on of the "safe zones", and it ook me nearly 2 hours to get through the crowd. A man with a baby rabbit in his hand is a fanny magnet :)