'Blank' Glasto tickets? What were they for?

Guest DrRingDing

Well apparently at least one of them is being sold as 'memorabilia'?! For over a hundred quid...yeah whatever!!! ;)

my friend was performing last year and was givena blank ticket. glasto must just have a set of blanks for other people that need entry. if i was given one of these but had already bought a ticket id probably put it on ebay.

Edited by freehugs!

I'm pretty sure when they say blank ticket they are talking about a ticket won in a competition. Either, they will sell them, take the buyers details and send them to the competition organisers. Or they have actually been sent blank tickets as prizes. Either way, i think that's where they've come from

I've been part of a group of 3 for the last two years and got a blank both times. Tickets are printed on an A4-ish sized sheet with two tickets and a blank admin area on each. If you order an odd number you may well get one with your order.

Before you just put it through your printer and print a face on it, you'll notice that some of the security is missing. Your name for instance is also printed in the foil strip to the right of the photo. Your ticket number and registration number also appear here. On the blank the strip has no such printing. Likewise your ticket number is printed in foil letters just under the price. Again this doesnt appear on the blank.

You'll also find a big cross already printed through the area that contains the picture. The area on the left with your name and address has also been blanked out with a load of printed XXX's.

I don't suppose it's impossible to fool a very drunk or non observant gate steward, but it will take some work to make the ticket look anywhere near useable and you might just get collared for fraud in the process if you don't make a good job of it. My view is that anybody shelling out for one of these deserves everything they get. I bought mine fair and square and any fiddling the ticketting system can't have a good effect, especially with touts eager to rip people off.

Hi

I work on one of the gates as a wristbander. I saw loads of these last year but trust me we are told to watch very carefully for them, if we see one we confiscate it. To get on site both an Oxfam steward and a wristbander would have to not spot that its not a ticket. I doubt that would happen :unsure: