spot eFestivals in the press

eFestivals

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-10659250

So what do I win :)

EDIT: Just read online doesn't count :) Fecking boo :P

Neil!!!!!!

'It just feels wrong, if you're going to take a kid, fine, take it, but be prepared to give yourself first to the kid at the festival" says Neil Greenway of efestivals.co.uk.

It!!! :lol: :lol:

You make them sound like a fold up chair to near the front of the stage!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil!!!!!!

'It just feels wrong, if you're going to take a kid, fine, take it, but be prepared to give yourself first to the kid at the festival" says Neil Greenway of efestivals.co.uk.

It!!! :lol: :lol:

You make them sound like a fold up chair to near the front of the stage!

:lol:

I was trying to be more succinct than "him or her", and not do just one of them (him or her). But yeah, I get what you mean.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was in the 4th section of the paper, the media bit? I was reading it a day or 2 ago and saw it too. Its a little interview with Rob Da Bank and how he uses media and said exactly as TSU and Phil said. I smiled and thought of this thread.

Found it. It says

[What online media to you use?]

'As well as reading papers online, sites like Virtual Festivals, eFestivals and Music Week, and for the radio show Pitchfork, The Hype Machine and RCRD LBL, which is an incredible source of free downloads'

Where do I send it for TSU to get a hat?

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I can't believe it's not butter there's been no mention of eFests in the press since last year :unsure: Anyways, whilst it's not exactly a front page spread in one of the broadsheets, efests does get a quicky mention in the latest Aldi Specials catalogue quoting previous recommendations and so on for their camping/outdoor kit that has appeared on the forums in the past :)

A scan of the relevant page will appear as if by magic below as and when I get somewhere remotely close enough to me kit to be able to do one and upload it !

efests%20in%20aldi%20catalogue%20scan.jpg

Printed copy available in stores as of around today, can easily bung a copy in the post if you want, the electronic version will probably also appear on their website in due course if it isn't up there yet.

Some camping gear coming up on 25th April and also outdoorsy kinda stuff available this week as well. Wouldn't personally recommend the boots for anything too serious (i.e. a well muddy Glasto or similar) but for general everyday kinda use or in more sensible weather conditions they're bl**dy excellent hence wandering in today to pick up another pair to supplement the pair I got last year !

... wanders off "looking like he's just lost his horse" stylee due to a surprise and most unwelcome bike/nuts collision when rear derailleur cable chose a highly inappropriate time to snap :O:o:O

Edited by mikeb

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Paragraph 11: in an article where Eavis says the festival frenzy is coming to an end...

Neil Greenway, the owner of eFestivals.co.uk, an online news and listing website, said that people who did not have the money to spend on increasingly expensive tickets and suggested that festivals were not being "adventurous enough" with their choice of headliner. "Download Festival has pretty much got the same six headline bands on repeat," he said. " It's not going to be sustainable in the long run - there's only so many times people will go and see Metallica and Iron Maiden"

Nail on head I would have to say there Mr Greenway. I didnt realise that Reading has still got up to 40% tickets still to sell. At the end of the day...we just cant afford it now. Glasto should be able to keep running because of its name and what it stands for but the rest...yes...they've been saying it for years but maybe the downturn is here to stay.

Any time I see an article about fests in the Times now...the first thing I do is look for your name and our illustrious website getting mentioned :D

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I spotted efests mentioned on one of the top ticket sites. ;)

http://www.viagogo.c...-leaked/_A-2431

"This comes after the efestivals.co.uk website published speculation about the event's line-up, with The Cure, Tenacious D and At the Drive-In mentioned among the possible performers".

they've ripped off our rumours a few times in the last month. After Dispatches last week they started sourcing stuff from other sites and I thought what we'd published had scared them off - but obviously not, the scumbag touts. ;)

• 4 weeks later...