I've never been to V festival...

Guest pipedown27

I would highly recommend going. We went to V Staffs last year for the 1st time and thoroughly enjoyed it (apart from the rain). In fact we enjoyed it so much, we're off again this year albeit to Chelmsford as its nearer home.

Don't let these moaners who say its shit etc put you off. If it was so shit, then they wouldn't go and neither would over 100,000 other revellers.

GO GO GO and have a fantastic time.

Edited by redmad1971

Well for me, it is not about the line up, I love the atmosphere I love being there with me mates, I go to other festivasl but I never would miss V.

There are loads of moaners people who have got a bit bored of going, don't like the line up etc.. but if you look across all the threads, everyone is the same.

A few days watching (some) very very good bands, you can be more selective on who you want to watch rather than being pissed off about clashes and having the time of your life.

Seriously I have had some of the best times in my life at V, moments I can look back on and smile and laugh inside.

I meet great new people every year, I am yet to have a disapointing moment, it is a lovely park.

There are loads of the smaller festivals with that don't try to rip you off.

Oh and a liitle known place called Glastonbury? You might have heard of it?

Heard of it, been to it and well then how do you explain the stupidly expensive VIP tents? That would count as a money grabbing exercise.

I wouldn't use them as they're for rich city types but its still there!

Glasto is special though, its not just any old festival.

As previously stated come along and try it you will have a great time and all the people moaning would moan regardless of what festival they went to, send them to Glasto and they'd moan they only got to see 3 out of the 5 big acts they wanted because of the stages or that they overslept or they got soaked or whatever. They moan - but they still go, often knowing a good chunk of the line-up in advance.

I'm doing Hard Rock Calling down in London, will be great music but the atmosphere will die after the acts as everyone's off to separate hotels, no camping = half the random laughs gone.

Edited by farewellandgoodnight

Well for me, it is not about the line up, I love the atmosphere I love being there with me mates, I go to other festivasl but I never would miss V.

There are loads of moaners people who have got a bit bored of going, don't like the line up etc.. but if you look across all the threads, everyone is the same.

A few days watching (some) very very good bands, you can be more selective on who you want to watch rather than being pissed off about clashes and having the time of your life.

Seriously I have had some of the best times in my life at V, moments I can look back on and smile and laugh inside.

I meet great new people every year, I am yet to have a disapointing moment, it is a lovely park.

I went to Glastobury at 4 weeks old strapped to my mums back and many many times over during the 70's, 80's and 90's sorry to piss on your chips but I have had some serious God awful times at Glastonbury, drainage problems, sickness, filth (yeah a few decades ago) and some amazing times but you can also speak the to the older festival goers about the introduction of the wall etc.. and how Glastonbury has changed, the festival was supposed to be free and now they charge. you can not compare something on the size as Glastonbury to a smaller Commercial festival. V is a smaller main stream commercial festival.

This is a commercial festival on a smallish site, no one has ever said anything different.

Download festival may be introducing a total ban on any alcohol being brought into the Donnington site next year, you might have to buy all your boozes from on the site, most festivals will follow suit, apart from Glastonbury ourely becasue of the size they can not police it.

A lot of the people saying they feel annoyed by V will be stood in the crowd, Strongbow in hand singing along with a huge wide smile on Sunday night - happens every year.

If you like the line-up go!

I went to Glastobury at 4 weeks old strapped to my mums back and many many times over during the 70's, 80's and 90's sorry to piss on your chips but I have had some serious God awful times at Glastonbury, drainage problems, sickness, filth (yeah a few decades ago) and some amazing times but you can also speak the to the older festival goers about the introduction of the wall etc.. and how Glastonbury has changed, the festival was supposed to be free and now they charge. you can not compare something on the size as Glastonbury to a smaller Commercial festival. V is a smaller main stream commercial festival.

This is a commercial festival on a smallish site, no one has ever said anything different.

Download festival may be introducing a total ban on any alcohol being brought into the Donnington site next year, you might have to buy all your boozes from on the site, most festivals will follow suit, apart from Glastonbury ourely becasue of the size they can not police it.

Edited by farewellandgoodnight