Weird tattoos

Guest Josie's Cat

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

All tattoos are weird if you ask me. Just get it drawn on a bit of paper and hang the fucker up on your wall. Mind, my live-in girlfriend is a tattoo artist, which has had a majorly adverse affect on my perception of tattoos.

You can get tattoo paper off Amazon and make and design your own temporary tattoos and then print them out from your computer. Alright they are not going to last forever, but that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned. What's more you can keep changing the type of tattoo you have ie. you'll not end up stuck with a tattoo that has become passe which many many people already have.

Yes I agree. I was just pointing out the temporary tattoo option for those who want one as a fashion statement but wouldn't necessarily like it to be a permanent feature on their body.

I bought a stage tattoo from Covent Garden way back in the 80's when temporary tattoos weren't around everywhere else. Stitched my mates up a treat with that telling them I'd got pissed and had a tattoo done. I am not a person who would have tattoos done. I wouldn't want to live with their permanency - just like many others who have or are going to have laser treatment to have the things taken off.

Oh right. I knew they had lasers to take them off but thought they left some ink and scaring. Mind you this was based on knowing someone years ago who was going through the process of having a tattoo removed. Obviously the processes have moved on since then.

Yes I agree. I was just pointing out the temporary tattoo option for those who want one as a fashion statement but wouldn't necessarily like it to be a permanent feature on their body.

I bought a stage tattoo from Covent Garden way back in the 80's when temporary tattoos weren't around everywhere else. Stitched my mates up a treat with that telling them I'd got pissed and had a tattoo done. I am not a person who would have tattoos done. I wouldn't want to live with their permanency - just like many others who have or are going to have laser treatment to have the things taken off.

Bollocks - tried to copy and paste some prices for laser tattoo removal I just found. Not sure how much tattoos cost in the first place but this site said you'd need 8 visits for a large tattoo removal and that it would cost £1.5K.

In some laser clinic somewhere, no doubt.

Most quality tattoo establishments have their own lasers now. It brings in a lot of custom. Check it out for yourself. Not wanting to give anyone free advertising, but I know that Buzzin Guns in Hexham and Durham have a machine as well as Fulwell Ink in Sunderland.

This is how it works, apparently;

Laser tattoo removal works by bombarding the tattoo ink with light energy; the light passes through your skin layer to act directly on the ink, breaking it down over a course of treatments into small particles your body naturally absorbs, gradually fading the tattoo away to nothing.

I wouldnt take the presence or absence of lasrer equipment as any measure of quality, good or otherwise

and particularly not if that practitioner is claiming that "the technology, skill and hygene procedures make it more disciplined and knowledgable than most dentists".

Or have the started offering 6 year degrees and training in tattooing? :lol:

I could be pedantic and point out that describing something as "quality" is meaningless...you might mean good quality or high quality, not quality

but anyway

I've got lots of ink. It's been done in a number of very good studios. None of them has laser equipment, I know of none in my region. In any event, I couldnt care less whether the studio has laser equipment or not, I want them to be a good tattoo artist, not a lasrer operator. I wouldnt take the presence or absence of lasrer equipment as any measure of quality, good or otherwise