Dairy ground/Park home

Guest xxtinkerbellxx

Sorry to start another one of those camping threads :angry: but need a few questions answering.

From looking at the lineup I think im going to spend most of my time at the other stage so think its best to camp on the pennards side of the site. I was looking at either camping in dairy ground or park home but on tort's guide it says that both of these are far away from any of the entertainment areas? So was just wondering if anyone has camped here before and what there opinions of it are. How far away is it from the other & pyramid stages, stone circle etc. Are there any food stalls around it or do you have to walk far to get to any and what are the toilets q's like. And is it a long walk from carparks?

We camped in park home last year. Reason being was because it was at the right side of the site for night time entertainment. It is not far from the Other stage, Green fields (where there are lots of fab food stalls) and the stone circle. It is a bit of a trek from Pyramid and things over that way (Acoustic, Kids field etc..) but I am always more likely to be that day in the day time, when I have the energy to walk! Hope that helps!

Sorry to start another one of those camping threads <_< but need a few questions answering.

From looking at the lineup I think im going to spend most of my time at the other stage so think its best to camp on the pennards side of the site. I was looking at either camping in dairy ground or park home but on tort's guide it says that both of these are far away from any of the entertainment areas? So was just wondering if anyone has camped here before and what there opinions of it are. How far away is it from the other & pyramid stages, stone circle etc. Are there any food stalls around it or do you have to walk far to get to any and what are the toilets q's like. And is it a long walk from carparks?

Edited by dcsessions

I'll see you there!

If this is your first Glasto, you need to be aware that the site is literally massive. So take this into account!

In terms of the car parks, the park home camping is nearer the west/red car parks, but I walked to it from the east/blue car parks last year. This was a painful trek, but it was manageable. Took an hour to walk back with all our stuff on the monday morning, that was without all the people, so with people traffic it probably takes over an hour, especially if you're unsure of where you're going. We just landed there last year and worked out where we were after pitching up!

Have fun ;)

Yep its my first Glasto ;) Im thinking maybe its going to be easier to do two trips to the car? Rather than going with everything first time and getting completley lost!!

Yep its my first Glasto ;) Im thinking maybe its going to be easier to do two trips to the car? Rather than going with everything first time and getting completley lost!!

Not knocking your plans or anything but I really don't see why camp site has a bearing on which stage you want to be near, you won't be stood at the Other Stage all day you'll be all over the site at different times of the day so it doesn't matter where the tent is you'll still have a good walk to get back.

Hmm that completley goes against what everyone else has been telling me. I just think it makes sense to camp near the place your going to be spending the most of your time? Friday i want to see everybody bar 2 acts on other stage and same goes for Sunday. Plus i want to be on that side of the site for stone circle, shangri la etc but dont fancy pennards or dragons!

I think you should stick with your plan, head for Park Home. Yes there are long walks but that applies for 90% of the camping areas, its Glasto! Park Home is a great spot for the late night shenanigans including the Park which is right next door, and it also doesn't get quite as busy as Pennards. We were there last year and found it to be perfect, therefore will be heading there again in 3 weeks time!

We stayed in the Dairy Ground last year. It was brilliant for space and peace and quiet but it was a bit too far out for us. It does become a bit of a trek when you need to get back to the tent for a sleep/drink/get stuff.

So this year we're going with Park Home Ground - just being that little bit closer makes all the difference I think.

Edited by miffmiffy

Yeah ive always camped in pennards but they changed our normal camping are into a lounging area which was abit shite. ended up in park home but there was a shitload of thefts around our tents so i dont fancy it this year. also there will be a fair few people with us so dairy looks good for getting a good space if it doesnt fill up too quick. is it really that much of an extra mission to get around? is it really that quiet? is it hilly as f**k? those are my main questions

One trip only, cannot over emphasise. Remember if car park 1 mile away (can be more) then one trip = 1 mile, 2 trips = 3 miles. The return trip to the car sounds easy becaise nothing to carry but often going against the crowd. Also you have to Q at the entry point (in and out) and this can take between 1/2 to 1 hour. Also also also 2 trips arriving will normally mean 2 trips departing.

Our last Glast in 07 when mud was bad we ended up in far far west car parks (no choice) on Friday morning and needed to join family in Paines Ground (east of Dairy). The distance was approaching 2 miles and we did 2 trips in the rain and mud, up and down death hill (as I think it is called), total time must have approached 6 hours and left us absolutley exhausted making Friday evening a washout, we just collapsed.

Lesson learnt, this year one trip only, I am sure there is no one on this forum who would disagree. Only exception may be back to car on Sat morning when it will be fairly quite at entrances for beer/food top up, ie stuff that will not have to be returned to car on leaving.

Edited by Pauljoanss

Never been to glasto - but my friends have and they say they want to camp next to the other stage. Looking at the map this means either

Dance Field

Park Home Ground (on the corner

Pennard Hill

Someone give me some info on food stalls, are they on a hill, what the dance field like? Can you here music right the way through til 6am?

Cheers