Ufc

just/john

he denied failing to ask the difficult questions, I was a little bit drunk, but I kept it civil. It just wound me up, he was sat about 15 feet away from me, tapping some bird up, sprawled out, while all the other journos were actually working, hunched over laptops and notepads. He is to journalism what I am to Astro physics.

On 2/28/2016 at 3:15 PM, t8yman said:

told Helwani he was a zuffa mouthpiece instead of a journalist.

I'm watching the mma hour right now and Helwani just brought this up! Surely he must be speaking about you unless other people were doing the exact same thing?

He basically said a fan came up to him and was recording a video and asked him why he doesn't ask the hard questions, like the reebok deal. 

yeah, that was me. must watch it later. I did record it. But I have no intentions of uploading it anywhere.

my exact question was "when did you decide to become a zuffa mouthpiece instead of an actual journalist?" he claimed he couldnt hear me, but he obviously did.

dont suppose you have a rough idea of the timestamp? its nearly 4 hours this week.

Edited by t8yman

hahaha. He misrepresented what actually went on a little bit, but was fairly accurate on the whole. If what I said makes him even consider 1% his approach to asking difficult questions of zuffa, then my work is done. 

edited to add

i like him as a presenter, i just don't think he is a good journalist, which for mma journalist of the year 6 years running - isn't great.

Edited by t8yman

This is one of the best promos the UFC have turned out in a long time. Really looking forward to Saturday, I think Holly beats Meisha, and I think Diaz might stand a chance against the mouth. Diaz is in great shape all the time, they both (nick and nate) are. His style might be a little awkward for conor, one thing is for sure - its gonna sell plenty, and its gonna be fun to watch.

if I was gonna put a bet on, it would be a HH and CMcG double though.

I think McGregor will beat Diaz but would love to see Nate pull it off. Don't think he puts him away in the first round though. I definitely think Diaz can win but taken the fight on short notice is one of the big reasons I'm picking McGregor. Don't get me wrong Diaz had a full camp I would still pick McGregor though. TKO in the 3rd or 4th. I want to see a McGregor fight last longer than 10 minutes.

I'm picking Holm over Tate but styles make fights, be interesting to see what happens if Tate takes her down. Holm by decision.

There is another press conference tonight, then another one tomorrow night with Jones, DC and others.

this was the best bit

“Who do you train with? You’ve got that little goofy motherf----r with you. I have real training partners,” Diaz said.

“Top 10 fighters, Top 10 boxers, Top 10 jiu-jitsu guys, Top 10 kickboxers. You’re playing touch-butt with that dork in the park with the pony tail. And I’m the one who don’t got no training partners? I don’t think so. You’ve got it all figured out when you’re fighting midgets. You’ve got s--t.”

playing touch-butt with that dork in the park made me lmao.

3 minutes ago, t8yman said:

playing touch-butt with that dork in the park made me lmao.

Yeah very funny alright. Will be interesting to see how McGregor deals with someone 3 inches taller than him. Apart from Holloway, all of his UFC opponents have been shorter than him. And Holloway is the only one who went the distance too. Striking up as opposed to down. Hmmm.....

This one is gold, 7 minutes of them going off on each other. One of the best bits was nates response to conor saying - your last fight went to a decision, i bounce heads off the canvas. Nate responds with "yeah against a normal sized human being!"

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/3/4/11159894/ufc-196-video-watch-conor-mcgregor-nate-diaz