Ufc

just/john

If Cerrone beats Khabib he will ge the next title shot. That would be an 8 fight winning streak.

JDS vs Overeem I would love to see.

Could also see Joanna J (not even going to attempt to spell her name haha) defending against JoJo Calderwood (if she wins her next fight) on the Scotland card in July. An all euro title match would be awesome.

Great card over the weekend, with some truly amazing performances

Joanna J would destroy JoJo I'm afraid, and I don't wanna see JoJo get destroyed. Joanna J was incredible, I knew little about her before the fight, as I didnt see her previous bout, but I've always said that womens MMA is full of poor striking (with a few exceptions) and a 7 time world champ at Muay Thai is bound to do well. She could well be the straw weight Ronda.

. RDA was all over Showtime like a rash, AP didnt have an answer. As much as I dont like the Reem, he looked incredible, and Big Country looked unimpressive. JDS is finished IMHO, he wouldnt be able to handle Reem. I'd like to see Mitrione v Reem, as Mitrione had some choice things to say about Reem last week on Schaub's podcast.

I was impressed with Pearson, I was worried he might get cut from the UFC as he has been a bit flat in his last few fights (even though he DID beat Sanchez) so the KO was doubly welcome.

I was surprised at how dominant Hendricks was over Brown - mention was never made of Hendricks bombs, it was just a very impressive (and not boring) wrestle fucking. I fancied Brown to win it before it started, but he was never in the fight.

If Cerrone beats Khabib he will ge the next title shot. That would be an 8 fight winning streak.

JDS vs Overeem I would love to see.

Could also see Joanna J (not even going to attempt to spell her name haha) defending against JoJo Calderwood (if she wins her next fight) on the Scotland card in July. An all euro title match would be awesome.

As much as Cerrone is a great guy I dont see him beating Khabib, and I dont see RDA being able to outwrestle Khabib. Khabib tweeted that there will be 2 titles in europe by the end of the year, but I would say 3 will, Joanna, Khabib and McGregor.

I dont think JDS is finished, he is still dangerous on the ground and could KO nearly anyone left in the heavyweight division. Overeem-JDS would be a good brawl I think, but after that I cant see anyone higher up that either of them could beat, so its a bit of a dead end after that.

JDS is a mess now IMHO, far too many 5 round wars, and the punishment he took against stipe was incredible. I know he has a great record, but I cant see him being the same fighter again.

I agree that he isnt the same as he was before the Cain fights, but Overeem isnt the same as he used to be either. He is looking better than his last few performances, but he isnt as dominant as old roid-fueled fights. Both have good hands, both have good kicks, and Overeem thinks he is good on the ground so it would be good to see

Very dull card over the weekend, we need some big fights soon, and todays news that Dillashaw is out of the Barao rematch with a rib injury is not the best foot forward.

Going back to the Maia LaFlare card over the weekend - brazilian organisation is so unprofessional, we all know the judges are either stupid or bent - but that stoppage was a joke.

I thought the card was good at the weekend, plenty of finishes (mostly if not all subs). Main event wasn't the most entertaining fight but great display on the ground from Maia, ruined it a bit with his antics in the final round though.

I don't mind not getting Barao/TJ if that means we get Jones/Rumble and Wediman/Belfort. It's still disappointing as that card looks weak now, Rampage is a big enough name to carry the co-main event slot though.

UFC have been running an embedded series on Aldo and McGregor's world tour promoting the fight

Funny stuff..

Edited by When Jokers Attack

I've seen the first Notorious documentay when he just signed for the ufc and it it's the run up to his first fight.

There is a newer one that came out earlier this year and was shown in 6 parts (I think) but only in Ireland, Not watched that one yet. It might even be the same documentary but just being shown on tv now, not sure.

Ah, in terms of "markets" we're the same thing.

100% we are. But its still one of those things that makes me whince when I see or hear it.

I hear it a lot in work, as we run European offices based in Dublin for US companies and often they will refer to us as their UK office. The guys in the office would often correct them, but to no avail. Its seemingly ingrained. So many folk in the US think the Republic of Ireland is part of the UK. But then in general I find, im my experience, that many people in the US who dont travel much outside it are extrememly insular.

Can't think of any other fight thats been so heavily promoted? Dana doing a better job than the boxing guys are for Mayweather vs Manny and thats in 5 weeks!

Defo. That Mayweather fight has been talked about for so long looking like it would never happen you would think the fact its about to happen would mean we would not be able to move for promotion. Its oddly quiet it that regard

Defo. That Mayweather fight has been talked about for so long looking like it would never happen you would think the fact its about to happen would mean we would not be able to move for promotion. Its oddly quiet it that regard

Sky have only just nabbed the rights so presume we'll hear about it a lot now.

Sorry what was the linked video? Went on it and its removed. From the comments i'm guessing something about someone mentioning the UK market and including ROI in that, but might be miles out.

The embedded videos are good in my opinion, and its good that the videos aren't just for fight week but they are now used to promote one big fight, much like the world tour. However, while I think the world tour and the embedded videos are good, I cant help think the casual fan will forget about the tour by the time the fight comes around, and so the hype will be partially lost.

Sorry what was the linked video? Went on it and its removed. From the comments i'm guessing something about someone mentioning the UK market and including ROI in that, but might be miles out.

Dana (An Irish American apparently) seems to think ROI is in the UK. CmcG corrects him and Dana laughs awkwardly..........

The embedded videos are good in my opinion, and its good that the videos aren't just for fight week but they are now used to promote one big fight, much like the world tour. However, while I think the world tour and the embedded videos are good, I cant help think the casual fan will forget about the tour by the time the fight comes around, and so the hype will be partially lost.

The newest one is the best one yet.

Dana (An Irish American apparently) seems to think ROI is in the UK. CmcG corrects him and Dana laughs awkwardly..........

Haha that will do the image of the UFC breaking into Europe a load of good :P

I agree the latest embedded was good, McGregor walking around with the belt to spite Aldo was funny. I cant wait for the London and Dublin ones, the crowd reaction in Dublin will be priceless. Hope the UFC release a full video of any press conferences they do there, and maybe a McGregor scrum