Ufc

just/john

That was a real "don't blink or you'll miss it" moment. Lesnar looked happy about being there

Cyborg is the only legit threat left.

Will she really be a threat after cutting the weight. If Rousey for some reason had a non-title sort of catchweight fight at 140 or 145 with Cyborg then maybe it would be competitive, but I dont see Rousey being really tested by her at 135.

Guessing Rousey will be asked to step up and defend her title again soon when another main event falls out too

That was a real "don't blink or you'll miss it" moment. Lesnar looked happy about being there

Will she really be a threat after cutting the weight. If Rousey for some reason had a non-title sort of catchweight fight at 140 or 145 with Cyborg then maybe it would be competitive, but I dont see Rousey being really tested by her at 135.

Guessing Rousey will be asked to step up and defend her title again soon when another main event falls out too

Dana said the fight won't happen unless it's 135, I wouldn't be surprised if that fight never happens and I don't think ufc would be that bothered either. They can keep making easy fights for Rousey while at the same time building her image towards becoming the greatest fighter of all time...

The Ufc always go on about super fights so why not just do a catch weight against Cyborg after Rousey fights Holm and Beth Correia, there is no-one else left in the division.

Dana said the fight won't happen unless it's 135, I wouldn't be surprised if that fight never happens and I don't think ufc would be that bothered either. They can keep making easy fights for Rousey while at the same time building her image towards becoming the greatest fighter of all time...

The Ufc always go on about super fights so why not just do a catch weight against Cyborg after Rousey fights Holm and Beth Correia, there is no-one else left in the division.

I think Holm and Correia should have at least another few fight each before Rousey, and as you said if the UFC want to make big money they need to make the superfight that is there. They missed the Silva GSP fight, and probably wont get Jones Cain, so Rousey Cyborg makes sense even if its at 140. Rousey could still weigh in at 135. It would only be like Cyborg saying she will make 135 and miss weight, giving up some of her purse money.

Sitting up watching the UFC event tonight for the first time ever.

Just watched some weekly round up thing...why is Scroobius Pip on the panel?

I stayed up and watched it live. Enjoyed the card as a whole, rousey needs to start fighting blokes.

Bellator was great.

Scroobius Pip loves MMA/UFC he was on Rogans podcast not so long ago.

Must say I've not watched a lot of UFC but as a wrestling fan CM Punk joining has peaked my interest & I did enjoy the PPV Saturday.

I'm not really that knowledgeable about the people there but what little I've seen Conor McGregor has really spiked my interest. Who else should I be watching out for?

Defo plan on watching the next PPV.

Anthony Pettis is on the next numbered PPV I believe, and that guy is wonderful viewing. His opponent, Dos Anjos, is no mug, but I can still see him take a tanking here.

Also, Matt Brown vs. Johny Hendricks. Oaft.

I just glanced at this post and thought you said Pettis was out of the PPV. phew!

Must say I've not watched a lot of UFC but as a wrestling fan CM Punk joining has peaked my interest & I did enjoy the PPV Saturday.

I'm not really that knowledgeable about the people there but what little I've seen Conor McGregor has really spiked my interest. Who else should I be watching out for?

Defo plan on watching the next PPV.

There so many fighters so it can take a long time to pick everything up, I suggest just keep watching every event and you will slowly get to know everyone and check out classic/great fights from the past. That's what I done anyway.

I was going to post some fights from current active champions but there doesn't seem to be much on YouTube anymore as they keep getting taken down.Fight Pass (their version of the WWE Network but you don't get ppvs) is awesome and has every fight ever on it.

Did my first BJJ class last night.

Jesus.

Really makes you appreciate the skill and conditioning of the pro fighters. Especially as there was zero chance of being punched in the face last night.

I'm not in great shape, but I'm not too bad, and a 5 minute "roll" at the end destroyed me.

This was one of the lads I rolled with - and he was actually the one who benefited me the most in terms of encouragement. The rest was full on "dominate the n00b" kind of stuff.

Great card coming up this weekend.

Pettis v Dos Anjos - I think RDA might be Pettis' toughest fight yet. Wouldn't like to call it, although I think Pettis' champ mentality will be a big +.

Esparza v Jo - I like Jo, but Carla is tough.

Hendricks v Brown - I Like Brown for this.

Reem v Big Country - I hope BC smashes Reem into the canvas

Stout v Pearson - I'll root for Pearson against anyone

Cruikshank v Dariush - DC is one of the most exciting fighters around today IMHO.

Its the first properly stacked card for quite some time now, and I am looking forward to it.

It has the potential to be fantastic. it's proper stacked from top to bottom. The main promotion has obviously been for the two title fights which will hopefully be great, Been said in this thread before but Pettis is such an exciting fighter to watch.

Aside from the title fights there is also..

Johnny Hendricks vs Matt Brown

Hendricks is the former welterweight champion and many people believe he should have retained that night (I did) but anyway that is the past and judges decide. I wasn't actually bothered as I love Robbie Lawler. Hendricks seems more motivated now than he has previoulsly been, he has had issues with his weight cut in the past but seems to have sorted that out. Looked in very good shape at the weigh-ins.

Brown is one of the most exciting fighters in the company,ultra aggresive style and knocks people out. I haven't seen all of his fights but of the ones I have seen they have never been boring. I think Hendicks will use his wrestling tonight though and get the decision. Hendricks also has knockout power with his left hand.

Alistair Overeem vs Roy Nelson

This one could be over within a minute or go the full fifteen. Nelson will knock him out or Overeem will get a decision win. I'm pulling for Overeem as always liked him but he is so inconsistant and I'm not confident on him picking up the win here.

Hopefully we are in for a good night of fights!

Edited by When Jokers Attack

I thought Overeem was very good but for some reason I found myself routing for the other guy.

Enjoyed the Texan guys fight as well.Dude with the beard,Hendricks is it?

Women's fight was such a mismatch.The champ looked to have no confidence just walking to the cage,I knew she would lose even before it kicked off.

2nd PPV and really enjoying it.Far superior to the last PPV.

Special mention for the preshow as well.The English lad Pearson looked good with some big punches.

Great card though IMO, had some good fights even though they werent that close. Overeem looked good, maybe a fight with Hunt or JDS next if he really wants to test himself.

Dos Anjos vs Khabib next then? Assuming Khabib finishes Cerrone. Just read on bloodyelbow that Dos Anjos was injured going into the fight and was nearly pulled out by his team, makes his performance even better

I thought Overeem was very good but for some reason I found myself routing for the other guy.

Enjoyed the Texan guys fight as well.Dude with the beard,Hendricks is it?

Women's fight was such a mismatch.The champ looked to have no confidence just walking to the cage,I knew she would lose even before it kicked off.

2nd PPV and really enjoying it.Far superior to the last PPV.

Special mention for the preshow as well.The English lad Pearson looked good with some big punches.

Glad you enjoyed it, some of the next PPV's look like they are going to be good as well. After a few more events you might start developing an idea of your fave fighters depending on what type of action you like to see