Ufc

just/john

Stann V Silva was a hell of a scrap. And Struve was interesting too, cant believe how pedestrian he looked for a lot of it.

Really looking forward to GSP v Diaz, I hope Diaz did the Primetime shoots, I know hes a prick for doing what Dana wants him to do, but this is the most interesting fight for quite some time IMHO.

stefan struve posted a CT Scan of his jaw on twitter. Holy shit!

https://twitter.com/StefanStruve

Edited by t8yman

I cant believe how many people on the sherdog forums think Diaz can beat GSP. Admittedly I'm a n00b to the whole UFC thing, but I've watched a lot of fights in this past year, and yesterday I watched 5 or 6 Diaz fights because I was unfamiliar with his fights. His cardio is amazing, his ground game against Sanchez was great, but he hits like a bitch most of the time - I'm not saying I could take a punch from him (I'm a fanny) but compared to most of the other welterweights, he doesnt really impress me. And the way he "retired" after Condit beat him was pathetic, the fight was very very close, but condit was the more effective striker through round 2-5, and even though Diaz got the one and only takedown, he failed to do anything with it, walking forward for 5 rounds does not constitute "ring control" to me, thats just pressing on - on very few occasions did Condit find himself in a position he wasnt comfortable with.

I admit he could beat GSP, because in UFC - anythings possible, but I find it very hard to believe that a disrespectful bigmouth is gonna beat a disciplined, finely tuned fighter like GSP.

I would say Diaz against

Diego Sanchez

Takanori Gomi

Carlos Condit

They were 3 of the 5 I watched. The Gomi fight was FOTY in 2007.

I cant wait to see him get his arse handed to him. I like Diaz, he comes into the ring to a deftones song for a start! But I just dont think the panto does him any favours.

There are a couple of torrents in the usual places (in sweden) that contain every one of his fights in pretty good quality, plenty of seeders too.

Edited by t8yman

If this doesnt get you excited, you are already dead.

I am more interested in this card than any other card since I got into UFC

I'm calling it - GSP to be the first guy to TKO Diaz. I know people expect a drawn out distance fight, with a decision in gsp's favour, but I just like the fact that GSP is mega up for this fight. Also, I think a cut stoppage is possible, diaz seems to cut up really easily.

And I am going for Condit to beat Hendricks, by submission.

Marquardt by TKO.

Might even put some money on it to make it more interesting.

Thoughts?

Edited by t8yman

well I had a £20 double for shits and giggles on Condit and Diaz. Ill advised!

Diaz was outclassed, and shown up for the mug he has acted like for the last few years.

I was surprised when the Hendricks result was announced, I thought Condit did enough, but didnt realise the takedowns held so much weight with the judges. Hendricks might have taken him down 12 times or so, but he did nothing with it when he did?

well I had a £20 double for shits and giggles on Condit and Diaz. Ill advised!

Diaz was outclassed, and shown up for the mug he has acted like for the last few years.

I was surprised when the Hendricks result was announced, I thought Condit did enough, but didnt realise the takedowns held so much weight with the judges. Hendricks might have taken him down 12 times or so, but he did nothing with it when he did?

I think its more about control. Being able to take down your opponent so many times shows aggression and control which are highly weighted on the score cards.

That was the fight I was looking forward to. I find GSP pretty boring to watch, as good as he is.

Edited by The Nal

I stayed up to watch it but forgot about the clocks changing so missed the first hour.

Hendricks/Condit was brilliant. Was on the edge of my seat.

GSP dominated Diaz, Great to see respect shown at the end though after all the trash that was spoken.

Watched the post-fight conference. GSP still getting asked about Anderson Silva, Says he will be taking a vacation for now then fighting Hendricks, Also said watch out for Chris Weidman.

Diaz also said he wants to fight GSP again because he thinks he can beat him, So much for retiring haha. He also said that he has never paid taxes.

Edited by When Jokers Attack

He said he might retire/wants a rematch because he is a bad loser.

I warmed to him a lot in the buildup, he came out with some right shite, but he is basically a nice guy I reckon, some of the interviews showed him in a positive light.

Listen to Jack Encarnacio's introduction on this podcast, its a brilliant analysis of Diaz, who he is, and what he appears to be going through pre this fight. I thought it was excellent, and it only takes a few minutes......

http://www.sherdog.com/radio/Roundtable-UFC-158-GSP-Vs-Diaz-3081

• 3 weeks later...

yeah Ive been keeping up with it, its been great.

Uriah is a beast, Chael was right - he is a contender, he obviously needs a little more refinement, but he is good enough to enter the UFC imho, I think the show was a little unfair on Bubba, it portrayed him as a fanny when he obviously wasn't.

Dana called the semi correctly, putting Uriah against Josh in a semi would have been a mistake, they are clearly the stronger two of the last 4, and sending one of them home next week would have been silly. I don't like Josh at all. He seems to be trying to manipulate everyone and every fight since he got there.

really looking forward to next week....

yeah, the womens fight was amazing, and the finale too. have you seen the prelims yet? they only went up today from what I could work out, there were some great fights in there too. luke barnatts fight was great.

did you watch conor mcgregor?

yeah, the womens fight was amazing, and the finale too. have you seen the prelims yet? they only went up today from what I could work out, there were some great fights in there too. luke barnatts fight was great.

did you watch conor mcgregor?

Yeah I watched all the prelims (I streamed the whole event live)

Still not checked him out yet.

watch this one, then check out his UFC debut and his post fight press conference with dana, its ace

Impressive. Definitely someone to watch out for.

Edit: Can't find the UFC debut on youtube. I actually struggle to find alot of fights on there

Do you know any other good sites for watching UFC videos?

Edited by When Jokers Attack

• 2 weeks later...