Ufc

just/john

28 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Conor is going to be a whole lot more wealthy.

There is no way he wins this, but the fact that they have made this happen makes him already a winner

Fair fucks to him I say. He burst into the UFC talking shite, but then backed it up. Humiliated Aldo; Won two belts at two weights; got his revenge on Diaz; and now is going to fight 49-0 Money Mayweather!! Unbelievable stuff. Im chuffed for the lad TBH

Pity he never defended any of the belts. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Not been in this thread for ages as been moving house so had no UFC but now I'm back watching.

Enjoyed Saturdays card but god DAMN am I looking forward to this weekend! That is one STACKED card!!!

Was awesome seeing Weidman win in his hometown,

This weekend (fingers crossed) is gonna be a good one!

Hope DC can somehow pull out a victory against Jones, he may be a class fighter but he really is a classless piece of garbage outside the octagon.

Sick to death of this "your not the real champ" bullshit, I know part of it is to create publicity but if he really believes that did he expect the UFC to sit on the division for 2 and a half years while he got his shit together, and tbh I wont believe the fights on until both men are in the octagon.

33 minutes ago, swede said:

Hope DC can somehow pull out a victory against Jones, he may be a class fighter but he really is a classless piece of garbage outside the octagon.

Sick to death of this "your not the real champ" bullshit, I know part of it is to create publicity but if he really believes that did he expect the UFC to sit on the division for 2 and a half years while he got his shit together, and tbh I wont believe the fights on until both men are in the octagon.

I think Jones knows its his last chance. But I hope he gets beaten too. 

Think Lawlor vs Cowboy could steal the show. 

Edited by The Nal

28 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I think Jones knows its his last chance. But I hope he gets beaten too. 

Think Lawlor vs Cowboy could steal the show. 

Agree about Lawler and Cowboy. 

After all his trouble and the fact he he was rusty in his last fight I could see D.C. winning. If the Jones shows up that fought OSP then he's in trouble as D.C. would have killed that guy and Jones was very lucky that D.C. had to pull out. 

I'd also like to see what a loss would do to Jones as well, in terms of the octagon all he's known is winning, and the loss to Jones arguably made D.C. a much tougher and better fighter. 

Agreed with Lawler v Cowboy, that's the one I'm most excited for.

Really not sure what to think for DC v Jones, I just wanna see a 5 round war & not fussed about who wins in all honesty. Jones has let us down so often but I just can't seem to get behind DC.

Overall I think it should be a strong night!

2 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

Does anyone really want to see Jones vs Lesnar? He's not even close to the level of fighter Jones is.

Judging by the cheer that went up when Jones said "Brock Lesnar" there would be massive interest yeah. Would be the biggest MMA fight of all time. 

Agree Jones is far far better, no comparison really, but Lesnar is almost 19 stone. Jones is 14 and a half stone. 60 pounds more, not 40 like Jones said. 

Seems to be the season for freak matchups. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, The Nal said:

Jon Jones. Oh dear.

If its true he really is a massive piece of shit. All that talent yet it seems he didn't believe in his talent enough to go into a fight with DC without pissing hot.

Some people are addicted to drama and conflict and run towards their inner demons, Jones just seems like one of those people.

4 minutes ago, swede said:

If its true he really is a massive piece of shit. 

From what I understand, its highly unlikely that an athlete would be tested positive for this steroid out of nowhere. 

I'm sure we'll get the same excuses. "Oh its was a sexual performance drug..... a massage cream.... over the counter" etc. Jones legacy ruined and Cormiers now too, who is the champ again.

Couple that with Junior Dos Santos failing a test last week and the hiding McGregor is going to take at the weekend and its a nightmare week for UFC.  

Dana really needs to sort it out. Becoming a drug sport. 1970s East German stuff. 

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

From what I understand, its highly unlikely that an athlete would be tested positive for this steroid out of nowhere. 

I'm sure we'll get the same excuses. "Oh its was a sexual performance drug..... a massage cream.... over the counter" etc. Jones legacy ruined and Cormiers now too, who is the champ again.

Couple that with Junior Dos Santos failing a test last week and the hiding McGregor is going to take at the weekend and its a nightmare week for UFC.  

Dana really needs to sort it out. Becoming a drug sport. 1970s East German stuff. 

If there was ever a point that the UFC needed him and his brother back fighting.

I know he has always run his mouth but there is something about McGregor above confidence. He speaks as if it''s fact.

Whilst I am pretty sure Mayweather is going to win I am intrigued to see how Conor will approach this. No professional boxer has really hit Floyd so I'm not sure how an MMA fighter is meant to but I think he is going to come out swinging like a windmill the way he is talking. No doubt if he does manage to connect with a left then Floyd will be going down... but that is a veyry big ask.

Just like when Mosley (who hits harder) caught Floyd with a punch. Conor swinging like a windmill would leave him open to getting fucked up by Floyd. Conor has power but it's not like he  (aside from Aldo and we know why that happened) is knocking out people with one punch. He wears them down over time and finishes them on the ground with strikes, he's not Canelo (who also fought Floyd and hits harder) and knocks people dead with one punch.

I'll be glad when all this over and we can move on. My prediction is Floyd by TKO Rd 6.