Ufc

just/john

Yup.

Although when I heard the intro to Cult of Personality, that brought a huge smile to my face. 

After his entrance though, it was a farce. 

I do hope the guy has found a degree of happiness which was obviously missing for years in his life. Even before he signed with UFC, people I know who know Punk have said he's always been miserable, grumpy, short tempered and all the things we've read before. Now he seems content. I just hope it's not an act. 

Rogan was class last night, he doesn't seem to hold back anymore, he sent out a tweet earlier saying he has spoke to the ufc brass about stopping guys who have just been ko'd getting interviewed, totally agree with that and even said that to my mate about Overeem last night.

Really weird show, that shit with Werdum and Edmond was hilarious and imagine Werdum knocked him out with that  flying kick in opening seconds of fight, Werdum didn't look good at all though, I've heard he was injured but it has to be Miocic/Cain next, what a fight that will be.

Punk fight went exactly how I expected, they should really put him on the ultimate fighter. Some great walkout music last night, Both Punk and Gall and also Overeem walking out to Pride them was class.

Fell asleep after 1st prelim and woke up just before Punk v Gall. 

Complete embarrassment although it was good to hear 'Cult of Personality'!

Dana was interviewed later and said his next fight shouldn't be in UFC.

Gunna watch the whole lot tomoz but I think my virgin messed up as when I woke up all my channels were blank and I had to reboot my box so god knows how much I've missed.

• 2 weeks later...

Eddie Alverez vs Conor McGregor

Tyron Woodley vs Stephen Thompson

Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs Karolina Kowalkiewicz

Donald Cerrone vs Kelvin Gastelum

Meisha Tate vs Raquel Pennington

Frankie Edgar vs Jeremy Stephens 

Wow, that is astonishing. And apparently The Chris might still be added! 

4 hours ago, CHRLY said:

Eddie Alverez vs Conor McGregor

Tyron Woodley vs Stephen Thompson

Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs Karolina Kowalkiewicz

Donald Cerrone vs Kelvin Gastelum

Meisha Tate vs Raquel Pennington

Frankie Edgar vs Jeremy Stephens 

Wow, that is astonishing. And apparently The Chris might still be added! 

Weidman/Romero official.

WHAT A CARD!

press conference tonight 11pm

... And Khabib vs MJ. Just ridiculous.

I turned into a McGregor fan after 202, I absolutely loved the guy. After that presser yesterday I'm back to wanting him to lose again. He's so annoying. Gotta hand it to him though, he has me more interested in his fights than any other fighter.

15 hours ago, CHRLY said:

... And Khabib vs MJ. Just ridiculous.

I turned into a McGregor fan after 202, I absolutely loved the guy. After that presser yesterday I'm back to wanting him to lose again. He's so annoying. Gotta hand it to him though, he has me more interested in his fights than any other fighter.

He knows how to sell fights......."who da fuck is this guy", moment of the night, going all savage on another pro fighter like you didn't even know he existed! 

You've got to hand it to the UFC, if everyone stays fit it's a card worthy of MSG 

Edited by swede

On 9/29/2016 at 3:31 PM, metallimuse said:

Aldo has asked for his release.

Can't blame him, the way Dana runs things is hardly fair.

Aldo has pulled out of 5 UFC fights and only fought 7 times for them in 5 1/2 years. And doesnt do KOs either. 

Dana is a promotor. Aldo isnt money. Simple as. 

13 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

I was there live, great card with lots of finishes and I thought Bisping win.Will watch it back sometime this week.

Rumour going about that McGregor was knocked out cold in training today. 

Was a great fight. Good card all round.

That McG rumour is made up.

18 hours ago, CHRLY said:

Yeah lots of good finishes on Saturday. Really looking forward to seeing where the middleweights go from here.

I think Weidman beats Romero and Jacare beats Rockhold. Both of these fights could easily go either way though. Bisping vs Weidman early next year as that draws more than Jacare, shame though as I really want to see Jacare get his shot.

No UFC until next month and I'm kind of glad to get a break, going to be a great run of events to close the year though.

Nunes vs Rousey expected to be announced soon for 207.

4 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

I think Weidman beats Romero and Jacare beats Rockhold. Both of these fights could easily go either way though. Bisping vs Weidman early next year as that draws more than Jacare, shame though as I really want to see Jacare get his shot.

No UFC until next month and I'm kind of glad to get a break, going to be a great run of events to close the year though.

Nunes vs Rousey expected to be announced soon for 207.

Yeah, it's been good having cards every weekend but it's sort of become exhausting staying up every Saturday.

I think both of those matchups at MW are interesting, I have the same predictions as you down but they should both be interesting fights. Whoever gets the next shot, it doesn't look great for Mike after 204 imo. It was good that he recovered from those H-bombs, but they should've never hit him in the first place really.

So we're looking at this for PPVs for the rest of the year:

205 - 3 title fights

206 - (possibly) GSP vs Silva, DC vs Rumble

207: Nunes vs Rousey, Cain vs Werdum

Also seems likely that Cruz and Garbrant will fit in at some point, if not early next year. Helluva year.