Ufc

just/john

Yeah it has to be Aldo. Nate's said that he won't be fighting again till he fights Conor again though. 

Cerrone asking for a title shot at 155 was weird, too. Alverez seems to be avoiding the fight with Nurmagomedov, but it's hard to deny him a title shot. I think Cowboy should keep going at 170 - he looks incredible.

21 hours ago, CHRLY said:

Yeah it has to be Aldo. Nate's said that he won't be fighting again till he fights Conor again though. 

Cerrone asking for a title shot at 155 was weird, too. Alverez seems to be avoiding the fight with Nurmagomedov, but it's hard to deny him a title shot. I think Cowboy should keep going at 170 - he looks incredible.

Yeah three finishes in a row now since his welterweight debut. 

Hes beaten Alvarez before though so hes a good chance at getting a shot at the belt I suppose. Hes ranked 6th in the Lightweights and 14th at Welterweight. Would have to get through Condit or even McDonald or Lawlor for a shot at the WW belt? 

Yeah I guess, I'm just not keen on the idea of people fighting at one weight and using the succes at that weight to get a title shot in a different weight class. 

On Rory McDonald - I read that the Wonderboy fight was the last on his UFC contract, making him a free agent. I know Bellator were after him, not seen anything new on it though.

On 8/22/2016 at 9:06 PM, CHRLY said:

On Rory McDonald - I read that the Wonderboy fight was the last on his UFC contract, making him a free agent. I know Bellator were after him, not seen anything new on it though.

It's just been reported that he is about to finalize a deal with Bellator. huge news for them.

13 minutes ago, CHRLY said:

You think Woodley vs GSP? 

If GSP is coming back, he claims he is and has told USADA to start testing him. This GSP return speculation has went on too long now so I wish we would get an official ufc announcement. Dana says he ain't coming back so who knows, prob a problem with money as GSP would be getting less than he used to pre-rebook..

Wonderboy should get the shot if GSP isn't.

Decent card this weekend, Condit/Maia is a big fight and Pettis featherweight debut against Oliveira. Page Van Zant fighting too.  

Also...Benson Henderson fighting Pitbull in Bellator, winner gets Mike Chandler.

I read that it's the Reebok deal that's keeping GSP from a return, other sponsors getting in the way.

also looking forward to Condit back in action. I reckon there was a decent case for him beating Lawler earlier this year. The WW division is great atm.

11 hours ago, CHRLY said:

This guy says:

My group have decided to go for the £75 ones. Anyone who's been to one before have a clue where that will get us? 

Not sure but maybe looking at the venues seating plan you will manage to work it out. Me and my mate are thinking about getting the £125 ones.

If you subscribe to ufc newsletter you get to purchase the tickets before the general sale, Thursday instead of Friday. On sale Wednesday for fight club members, I'm going to try my luck and ask around for a code as most American fans won't be going anyway.

16 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Can't see him getting a shot before Maia. I think Wonderboy gets it unless GSP returns, he is 100% in but ufc have to match his terms. Ufc would be stupid not to just pay him. his first fight back will be a big deal.

Forgot about Maia yeah of course. Such a strong division.

Dana is in dickhead mode with GSP. But surely it has to be GSP vs Hendricks II is he comes back? Hendricks was robbed last time out. 

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

GSP vs Hendricks II is he comes back? Hendricks was robbed last time out. 

GSP said in a television interview earlier this week, he would be interested in fighting eiher Woodley, Nick Diaz or Maia. I think Maia is the most interesting fight but that wouldn't draw as much so I think it would be Woodley. No interest in seeing him against Diaz again.

Hendricks has looked horrible since USADA came into play and would need some wins before headlining a ppv against GSP. It would have something if Hendricks was still champ right now, perfect story for the GSP return.

Couple of great fights on the first episode of TUF. Wonderful KO at the end.

Its the first time I've ever bothered watching it but it seems pretty interesting, I think it's lame that they're looking for someone to fight Mighty Mouse though. He should be looking to move up and have a crack at Cruz or something.

14 hours ago, CHRLY said:

Couple of great fights on the first episode of TUF. Wonderful KO at the end.

Its the first time I've ever bothered watching it but it seems pretty interesting, I think it's lame that they're looking for someone to fight Mighty Mouse though. He should be looking to move up and have a crack at Cruz or something.

Not watched yet but I do like how every guy on TUF this year is a current champion in a regional mma promotion, better than just picking random guys.

Would have been even better if they had each guy defend there title in each match so by the end when Mighty Mouse beats them he has like 18 belts, could you imagine that, surely he would get over with the casual audience carrying all those belts with him. I remember Ultimo Dragon brought all his belts he won in Japan when he came to WCW, was so cool. This isn't my idea, Meltzer mentioned it on his podcast a few weeks back and I thought it was a great idea.

Ultimo_Drago_-_Yoshihiro_Asai_08.jpg

Edited by When Jokers Attack