Ufc

just/john

10 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Thing is If you look at the poster when GSP/Penn fought, they both had their belts and was promoted as a super fight, both had their belts at press conferences as well. Conor looked annoyed with Dana's response though. Just his body language. 

Yeah true. I'd say hes a nightmare to deal with. On that note, we may see Penn vs McGregor. Penn has announced a comeback. They're all after the big bucks now. Looks like he'll have to get past Edgar first though. At the 4th time of asking.

Conor is massive with the casual fans. Casual fans know nothing about BJ Penn or his achievements. And his last fight was not good. I dont think his comeback is gonna go very well.

I say if he gets past RDA (possible) zuffa will tie him up with FW and LW fights so he never can hold 3 belts. They will want to keep him contained, also - can you imagine the impact on the sports image if a guy comes out of nowhere and clears out 3 divisions? doesnt say much for the athletes that have been competing for years does it?

and can you imagine how unbearable he will be if he did manage 3 belts? jesus.

i dont see him beating lawler anyway - certainly not prime lawler. or condit.

no-one so far. stipe will be gutted, he finally gets the title shot and it looks like cain v werdum will be back as the made fight when they are both ready. hendricks looks like the main fight now, although not officially listed as headliner yet.

8 hours ago, The Nal said:

UFC would want to be careful. Fighters, well fighter, choosing Bellator over UFC for various reasons. Will be interesting to see how they react when McGregor starts doing his own fights.

shes not the first to choose bellator over UFC, and zuffa are well aware of the talent's perception of their terms. it will get worse (for zuffa) over coming years, but ultimately they have the brand, and will pull through just fine. mcgregor wont do shit without zuffa behind him, MMA is a minority sport in the USA, in europe its probably just one rank above pro-am tiddlywinks. he might manage one croke park gig on his own (who else would be on the card? all the other irish names are signed with UFC, and they are mostly shite), after that, it will be tumbleweed all the way.

I kinda did. I always used to like JH, but have found myself liking him less over the last year or so.

main card was pretty shite imho, but the prelims were great. Scoggins V Borg was a great fight, and the KO in Rivas v Lahat was one of the most brutal I have seen since Uriah Hall levelled Adam Cella on TUF.

12 hours ago, Uncle Liam said:

KIMBO!!!!!!

Holy shit what an amazingly awful fight. 

Funniest KO I have ever seen, that fight was so bad but so funny.

a drunk Mike Tyson on commentary for the Melvin Guillard fight was also hilarious. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Tyson in the cage in the future.

Shamrock/Gracie was always going to end in some sort of controversy. Royce can now start his run towards the title.

So Dos Anjos out of UFC 196 with a broken foot.

Can't see McGregor cutting weight this late to fight at 155 so Nate Diaz to step in and take the fight or will they take it off the card and just have the Holm fight instead?

Huge shame as I was really looking forward to it :(