• 3 weeks later...

Predictions for tonight...

Welterweight Championship bout: Georges St. Pierre vs. Dan Hardy - GSP

Interim Heavyweight Championship bout: Frank Mir vs. Shane Carwin - Carwin

Lightweight bout: Kurt Pellegrino vs. Fabricio Camoes - Camoes

Welterweight bout: Jon Fitch vs. Ben Saunders - Fitch

Lightweight bout: Jim Miller vs. Mark Bocek - Miller

Edited by minute5072

I pray to every concievable god, in every concievable religion that Mir wins tonight.

Anyone going to hit me up with a sopcast link? :P

I'm not sure that the sopcast link we've been using works anymore old bean... but just in case it come on line its here: sop://broker1.sopcast.com:3912/24267

Instead, I'm watching it here: http://www.livefootballstream.net/fights.html

You might need to install a litle plugin called tvu... but link 1 seems to be working for me at the moment.

Go Mir.

That's why he's the champ...now please move up to 185 :P

I honestly thought he was going to have to break his arm to stop him. GSP absolutely dominated him and didnt give him a chance. Watching the replays of the armbar and the kimura....f**k!

Ah well, I'm off to bed about 60 quid or so better off :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

^ It's not like he ever really went away. It's only been a year since his last fight. Carwin went that long between fighting Gonzaga and Mir. It was insane to put an 'interim' belt on him (Carwin), as none of the hardcore fans took it seriously, and it just confused the casual fans (Bill Simmons interviewed Brock last week and was calling him the ex champion - Brock didn't seem happy about that).

But no matter... Brock did well to weather the storm of the first round, let Carwin knacker himself out, and then school him in the second round. Shane had nothing after the break, and it showed just how lacking he really was. Shane was the hater's last best hope to put Brock down, and it's failed.

Cain Velasquez up next, and I don't see him posing Brock much of a problem tbh.

If anyone was going to beat Brock it was Carwin, and he didnt.

Cain is a beast, but he's a smaller beast with significantly less pwoer than Carwin and isnt stopping Brocks takedowns.

Junior Dos Santos could be an interesting one as he's a beast on the ground but so's Mir and look what happened there.

Nog probably is past it, and is nowhere near a title shot anyway.

Its interesting with Fedor losing where Brock could be a in a year or so, or will it become like the video game just fighting the same guys over and over again...

Just watched the card there now, best since UFC 91 or 92 I'd say.

If anyone was going to beat Brock it was Carwin, and he didnt.

Cain is a beast, but he's a smaller beast with significantly less pwoer than Carwin and isnt stopping Brocks takedowns.

Junior Dos Santos could be an interesting one as he's a beast on the ground but so's Mir and look what happened there.

Nog probably is past it, and is nowhere near a title shot anyway.

Its interesting with Fedor losing where Brock could be a in a year or so, or will it become like the video game just fighting the same guys over and over again...

Just watched the card there now, best since UFC 91 or 92 I'd say.

Dont forget BIG COUNTRY! :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...