Ufc

just/john

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Wtf?!? Mighty Mouse was what I was all about this weekend.

The Nunes fight is more interesting imo. Mighty mouse is such a ridiculously big favorite against Borg it's not really exciting. It would have been so much better if TJ was fighting MM. Apparently it was on the cards but MM didn't want to take it because he's worried that TJ wouldn't make the weight. I think it's more to do with the fact that TJ would give him a good fight and Borg is the easy way to the record. 

2 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

How in any way would that be practical? 

Sarah McMann is on stand by for the main event so can be done.

You book A fight on the  card with one guy who could stand in if something goes wrong. That guys opponent would still get paid show money and a late replacement if possible.. It means you still have the champ on the card. They could of done with the Cejudo/Reis fight but both guys have already been killed by Mighty Mouse, but hey a fight is better than no fight.

Fight is likely to be rescheduled for 216.

Edited by When Jokers Attack

2 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

I thought Shevchenko won.

Rockhold back next week but I think even most hardcore mma fans will be watching Canelo/Golovkin instead.

Yeah, shame really. I'll be shocked if Rockhold doesn't win. Middleweight division is stacked, even with Mousasi gone (massive shame). Assuming Rockhold does win, I'd like to see Romero vs Rockhold. Then the winner of that can fight either GSP, Bisping or Whittaker (depending on who has the belt after gsp vs Bisping and winner vs Whittaker). 

16 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

I thought Shevchenko won.

Rockhold back next week but I think even most hardcore mma fans will be watching Canelo/Golovkin instead.

Agree with you, it's a big shame they gave the decision to Nunez. Shevchenko post fight interview was spot on, Nunez didn't land anything significant and only managed 2 weak takedowns

Will try to wacth Rockhold, but yes i'm more looking forward for Canelo and GGG

On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 7:07 PM, CRW5252 said:

The Nunes fight is more interesting imo. Mighty mouse is such a ridiculously big favorite against Borg it's not really exciting. It would have been so much better if TJ was fighting MM. Apparently it was on the cards but MM didn't want to take it because he's worried that TJ wouldn't make the weight. I think it's more to do with the fact that TJ would give him a good fight and Borg is the easy way to the record. 

That's not the story at all. DJ wanted a fight at flyweight with Cody, Cody was also up for it but the UFC told him that wasn't a money fight and that Borg was next in line, so he signed off on fighting Borg. Then they told him he was fighting TJ and he refused, they said it was the biggest fight they could make for him after  turning down for the Cody fight. So he stuck to his guns and persisted to get the Borg fight.

Yes, he did want stipulations regarding TJ's weight and not making weight put in if they insisted on that fight but ask yourself this, how is TJ vs. DJ a bigger fight than DJ vs. Cody, its not ! Dominic Cruz is the only man to ever have defeated DJ, Cody is the only man in recent history to work out the puzzle of Cruz in the Octagon, so with that little bit of history and the fact that no-one close to defeating DJ at fly weight it makes a DJ vs. Cody matchup very appealing.

Also Fuck Jon Jones, hope he never fights again, probably been juicing all his career as the 3 fights he's had under USADA he's pissed hot on two of them. Feel for DC, Jones has fucked with that mans life for years and no-one will ever know if a clean Jones could beat DC or the other way round. 

7 hours ago, swede said:

That's not the story at all. DJ wanted a fight at flyweight with Cody, Cody was also up for it but the UFC told him that wasn't a money fight and that Borg was next in line, so he signed off on fighting Borg. Then they told him he was fighting TJ and he refused, they said it was the biggest fight they could make for him after  turning down for the Cody fight. So he stuck to his guns and persisted to get the Borg fight.

Yes, he did want stipulations regarding TJ's weight and not making weight put in if they insisted on that fight but ask yourself this, how is TJ vs. DJ a bigger fight than DJ vs. Cody, its not ! Dominic Cruz is the only man to ever have defeated DJ, Cody is the only man in recent history to work out the puzzle of Cruz in the Octagon, so with that little bit of history and the fact that no-one close to defeating DJ at fly weight it makes a DJ vs. Cody matchup very appealing.

Also Fuck Jon Jones, hope he never fights again, probably been juicing all his career as the 3 fights he's had under USADA he's pissed hot on two of them. Feel for DC, Jones has fucked with that mans life for years and no-one will ever know if a clean Jones could beat DC or the other way round. 

That's what I heard Cody say on the Joe Rogan podcast but I was only half listening so must have missed the rest of the story. I don't remember Cody mentioning any fight with DJ but I could be wrong.

Brad Pickett beat DJ aswell but I do get your point regarding DJ vs Cody being an interesting match up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Can’t wait for tonight, starts a hour than usual as clocks don’t change in states until after show ends.

I’m going with..

GSP

Dillashaw 

Joanna

Wonderboy

Borrachinha

Such a staked card. Nice suprise that is an hour earlier. Means I'll be slightly less shattered for the footie tomorrow.

I'm going for: 

Bisping (probs my heart speaking)

Garbrandt 

Joanna

Thompson

Hendricks

Already been two brutal KOs in the prelims. Been a good watch

Edited by CRW5252