Ufc

just/john

4 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Whittaker and Rose looked outstanding. Picked against both them. Can't believe Jacare lost

Mighty Mouse now one away from breaking the record. He is definitely up there in the GOAT discussion. Everything he does is perfect.

He needs to break the record than push for a PPV rematch against Cruz

They both said on the interview on fox that if the UFC paid them well enough they'd be up for it 

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 3:19 PM, When Jokers Attack said:

Whittaker and Rose looked outstanding. Picked against both them. Can't believe Jacare lost

Mighty Mouse now one away from breaking the record. He is definitely up there in the GOAT discussion. Everything he does is perfect.

Man's incredible in all areas. If he was 170lbs he'd be a star.

• 2 weeks later...

Anderson Silva was on mma hour last night and was pissed. Never heard him so angry and swear so much. Says if he doesn't get an interim title shot against Romero at 212 he is retiring. This Bisping/GSP fight has messed up the division, target date is now October. 

Looks like Jones vs DC is hopefully going to happen at 214, end of July.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Bisping vs GSP cancelled. GSP taking too long.

Bisping vs Romero now. Proper order. My guess is at 214 at the end of July

That's for the best. I can't see anything other than a Romero win by KO. I'll be rooting for Bisping though 

Predictions for the UFC211 card? Here's mine:

Alvarez vs Poirier

Jotko vs Branch 

Edgar vs Rodriguez

Maia vs Masvidal

Jedrzejczyk vs Andrade

Miocic vs Dos Santos 

Lots of 50:50 fights. Only prediction I'm confident on is the Woman's Strawweight fight.

So Jones vs DC is confirmed for 214 at end of July. They were both going at it during the presser, water bottle thrown at Jones, apparently Jones said something about his kid. They wouldn't let them face off at the end.

few others fights announced too...

Weidman vs Gastelum - Weidman could easily end up on a four fight losing streak, not an easy fight

Michael Johnson vs Justin Gaethje (undefeated WSOF Champion) main event for TUF Finale, night before 213 - I haven't seen much of Gaethje but have heard the buzz around him and saw some clips and looks like an exciting fighter, MJ is not a slouch so we will see how good he really is now that he is in the UFC,

Kevin Lee and Michael Chiesa got into it at the presser as well.  Chiesa punched lee, stupid but that is the kinda shit that generates interest.

TJ vs Garbrandt might not be happening right now as Cody has issues with his back which he is saying about, big blow to the July PPV if it's off. Nunes vs Shevchenko was added to this show too.

Can't wait for tonight!

Picks

Alvarez, Branch, Edgar, Maia, Joanna Violence, JDS.

A lot of these fights I wouldn't be surprised if it goes the other way, especially the main event. I think I'm the only person picking JDS but it's HW and anything can happen. I can also see Andrade giving Joanna some serious problems.

Think we need to appreciate the fact we're watching the greatest female MMA fighter of all time in JJ. 

I know Ronda put women's MMA on the map but as women's MMA has grown and evolved Ronda decided to believe her own hype, got distracted with interests outside UFC and got left behind by other fighters. Whereas JJ has constantly evolved over the past two years, it's not that she's in a poor devision either, it's just that all she wants to be is the best so she is constantly improving.

She was fighting a very tough fighter last night in Andrade, not the most technical fighter but unbelievablely tough. JJ picked her apart, the colour of Andrades legs from those kicks was unreal and I think some of the fighters in that devision might not have made it to the 5th round as their legs have gone. JJ's takedown defense and striking was great as usual but ATT seem to have added and extra dimension to her movement. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Nope, I just saw on twitter that target is November. This shit is hilarious and I'll be pretty shocked if it ever happens. If it does happen in November then conor must be stripped of his title as that will be one year and no defense. If he fights Floyd he will make so much money and coming back to UFC.

Actually getting fed up of hearing about it all and I have a close friend who is a McGregor fanboy telling me every other week "fight is now signed, will be announced soon" he's been saying this since Feb and nothing has really happened. McGregor doesn't even have a license to box in Vegas (he has one for California). My theory is Conor wants the fight and Floyd doesn't care unless he gets paid crazy amount and both are going back and forth in media to get articles written and stay in the spotlight, and it's working. Until I see otherwise all this is just speculation. 

Edited by When Jokers Attack

Conor is going to be a whole lot more wealthy.

There is no way he wins this, but the fact that they have made this happen makes him already a winner

Fair fucks to him I say. He burst into the UFC talking shite, but then backed it up. Humiliated Aldo; Won two belts at two weights; got his revenge on Diaz; and now is going to fight 49-0 Money Mayweather!! Unbelievable stuff. Im chuffed for the lad TBH