Ufc

just/john

Conor and Ferguson both called it with Khabib.

Conor firstly saying he needed to see Khabib fighting more regularly as he didn't think he could be relied on for big fights.

Ferguson said in the build up to this fight that he didn't think Khabib would even make it to weigh ins

1 hour ago, CHRLY said:

Seemed to overshadow the whole event really, just felt flat.

Still, great wins for Teymur, Kelly and Reem + that new Strawweight looked good. 

Main Event was the most boring fight in recent memory.

The event on the whole was decent but that main event was shocking. Bizarre decision imo as well. At least Haye vs Bellow lived to expectation...

Unbelievably boring main event. I can't see Woodley being a long term champ, the guy just puts himself into poor positions by not taking control of the centre of the Octagon and needlessly backing himself up against the cage. Someone is going to take advantage of that and unload on him and he'll have no where to go. 

Gastulum really needs to stay at that weight and stop toying with dropping down to a weight class he can't make, middleweight seems to suit him. 

That being said I think he'll come into trouble if he fights anyone top 5.

Bellfort has said he's done after his next fight, I really think he's looking to retire on a victory and would have done last night if he'd of won. He's an absolute legend but not the same fighter since they banned the Mexican supplement and IV's

Bellfort all roided up was an absolute animal ! 

Edited by swede

• 3 weeks later...

UFC is back tomrorow! Not the best ppv card but hopefully stil be good.

Bit of drama at the weigh-ins as always.

Cormier missed weight. you're usually only allowed one chance to weigh in but the commision have said they decide. a few seconds later when he weighed in again he had  lost 1.2lbs. Then Rumble comes on the scales and weighs 1.2lbs under. 

Anyway I'm not going through the whole card but of the top fights, I'm picking DC and Mousasi.

Edited by When Jokers Attack

2 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

It has to happen. Outside of Conor this is the biggest fight they have.

Dana is sticking with the line that he won't have Jones headline an event, I wonder if they'll stick it on the next Conor card. I think it could co-main with Bisping vs GSP but I agree with you that it's the biggest fight they have. I ultimately see it just being another of Dana's lies and it'll headline it's own event.