Ufc

just/john

Crazy that Ronda has only fought for a total of about 9 minutes in UFC. And half of that was in her first fight.

She got cocky and started standing toe to toe with opponents in the last few fights. Did it with Correia and was lucky to get away with it. Did it with Holm and, well. Don't think she'll make that mistake again. 

Incredible year for UFC. And with boxing being such a fucking disaster at the moment it can only help them.

Edited by The Nal

On 14/10/2016 at 0:50 PM, The Nal said:

Crazy that Ronda has only fought for a total of about 9 minutes in UFC. And half of that was in her first fight.

She got cocky and started standing toe to toe with opponents in the last few fights. Did it with Correia and was lucky to get away with it. Did it with Holm and, well. Don't think she'll make that mistake again. 

Incredible year for UFC. And with boxing being such a fucking disaster at the moment it can only help them.

She did go over 10 minutes with Tate but apart from that it's been too easy.

i think there has been some cracking boxing this year. Ward vs Kovalev next month is the biggest fight since May/Pac. It's not even on Ppv or box nation in uk though which shows there isn't much interest outside of British fighters. I can't wait for this fight though.

Dom Cruz vs Cody is set for 207. Bit shit for TJ, really, but this is more $. Dom will school him, I think.

They must have something in store for 206. That card is utterly dire for a PPV, especially when it's wedged inbetween 205 and 207. Ariel didn't say no to the possibility of Bisping featuring on the MMA hour - that'd be crazy, can't see who he would face though.

On 10/26/2016 at 0:38 AM, CHRLY said:

Dom Cruz vs Cody is set for 207. Bit shit for TJ, really, but this is more $. Dom will school him, I think.

They must have something in store for 206. That card is utterly dire for a PPV, especially when it's wedged inbetween 205 and 207. Ariel didn't say no to the possibility of Bisping featuring on the MMA hour - that'd be crazy, can't see who he would face though.

To be fair not every card can be blockbuster. Still have the Light Heavyweight title bout, but if Cormier gets injured (and lets be honest, it wouldn't be the first time) then the card is fucked. 

Big loss for Dos Anjos at the weekend. 

Could we see McGregor KOd on Saturday? Alvarez has only KOd RDA in UFC but his KO record before UFC is very impressive. 15 from 28 wins. Throws a lot of punches allthough he doesn't seem to punch that hard? Took him a while to get RDA out after the initial punch. Fairly wild.

Also whats going on with UFC and his height?

Eddie-Alvarez-Dos-Anjos-Tale-of-the-tape

Eddie-Alvarez-Height-1-1.png

:unsure:

Edited by The Nal

10 hours ago, The Nal said:

Big loss for Dos Anjos at the weekend. 

Could we see McGregor KOd on Saturday? Alvarez has only KOd RDA in UFC but his KO record before UFC is very impressive. 15 from 28 wins. Throws a lot of punches allthough he doesn't seem to punch that hard? Took him a while to get RDA out after the initial punch. Fairly wild.

Yeah, when Eddie smells blood he really lets loose. The issue is him shooting from the hip too much, I think he could leave his chin open for Conor. It's a really interesting one actually, I can't wait for it.

This fight week is going to be great, I've already watched all the videos I can. Everyone came across well in the first episode of embedded: