Ufc

just/john

Looks like the ufc sale is happening

Multiple sources confirmed the news with FloCombat. All refused to comment on record due to the sensitivity of the subject matter at hand. 

None of the bids have been accepted as of publication. But our sources noted that barring an 11th hour change of heart by the Fertitta brothers, it is likely a sale "will be executed imminently". An announcement should not be expected until at least the week of UFC 200, or perhaps shortly after that. 

At least two of the bids are in the $4 billion area, with the highest said to be in the range of $4.2 billion. That is believed to be the magic number Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta were seeking in order to execute a sale. Our sources indicated that the highest bidder is a group combining the entertainment giant William Morris Endeavor Agency and The Dalian Wanda Group, a Chinese conglomerate that is also the world's largest operator of movie chains. 

The potential sale is for 100% of the company, which means that the shares owned by the Fertitta brothers, Dana White, Flash Entertainment and the many sub-trusts with small ownership percentages will all be sold. 

The two highest bidders have indicated their desire for White to stay around in a promotional capacity, and both are willing to grant him shares in the company to entice him to stay, rather than making him an employee. It is also believed that very little of the UFC's business operations will change, outside of the Fertitta brothers and Flash Entertainment being out of the picture. Staffing in the production and public relations departments will not change, and matchmakers Joe Silva and Sean Shelby will continue in their roles. This is not to say the company will continue the same operating methods forever; changes could eventually come. But our sources indicated that very little about the way the company is presented to the public will change, at least in the beginning. 

Zuffa last year enlisted the investment banking firm Goldman Sachs to facilitate a sale. There were four interested bidding groups at the time. One of them, the investment firm The Blackstone Group, withdrew from bidding before the process of sealed bid submissions began. Our sources have indicated that WME and The Wanda Group joined forces for a single bid instead of submitting competing bids.

Thought the card was great last night. The Bosse/O'Connell fight was ace, one of my favourites of the year so far.

Dominating performance from Cowboy. Really impressive boxing takedowns.

Biggest win of Wonderboy's career. I reckon he can take Lawler - assuming Robbie gets past Woodley, that is.

2 hours ago, CHRLY said:

Thought the card was great last night. The Bosse/O'Connell fight was ace, one of my favourites of the year so far.

Dominating performance from Cowboy. Really impressive boxing takedowns.

Biggest win of Wonderboy's career. I reckon he can take Lawler - assuming Robbie gets past Woodley, that is.

Agree with all of this.

• 2 weeks later...

DC called it, said Jones will never change. The man is an utter scumbag, Dc's camp said as much in one of the promo videos. He was given a second chance, didn't even have to fight his way back to the top and he blew it, IMO he should never fight in the UFC again, a total disgrace.

The strange thing is even after this if the UFC did get to the point of DC vs Jones down the line the idiot fans would still cheer Jones, an absolute selfish piece of trash, and boo DC, a hardworking, dedicated family man, a credit to the MMA,  go figure !

2 hours ago, swede said:

DC called it, said Jones will never change. The man is an utter scumbag, Dc's camp said as much in one of the promo videos. He was given a second chance, didn't even have to fight his way back to the top and he blew it, IMO he should never fight in the UFC again, a total disgrace.

The strange thing is even after this if the UFC did get to the point of DC vs Jones down the line the idiot fans would still cheer Jones, an absolute selfish piece of trash, and boo DC, a hardworking, dedicated family man, a credit to the MMA,  go figure !

Totally agree.

But since he's a draw, I think he will given another chance and most likely another title shot.

So the first main event of UFC 200, was cancelled because of the arrogance of Mcgregor, the second main event cancelled because of selfishness of Jones. Such a shame from these 'professional' fighters.....

If there was not Brock Lesnar on the card, I think it would have done very badly in terms of ppv numbers. While Aldo vs Edgar is a very worthy main event, it will not interest the casual fan 

24 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

I agree I'd rather see Aldo v Edgar 5 rounds main event rather than Brock but obviously Brock is a big draw.

But to what end? WWE already advertising his return. Suppose they'll get crossover fans with UFC 200 but theres nothing to invest in as a fan as its a one off. 

I think the 202 presser today is going to be very interesting. McGregor and Diaz will have something to say on the Jones matter, I'm sure they will be asked about it, I'm also sure as a dig at the UFC and Dana White McGregor will say he's ready to go for 200 if Diaz is, not that it will happen.

51 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

What a fucking idiot.

I hope they somehow keep DC on the card, he deserves a fight on  200. Bisping wants in and so does Gustafsson.

Jones press conference happening shortly so we should find out more.

Id say give it to Bisping. He's just beat one of DC's team in Rockhold on short notice so even on 2 days notice there's something to hype up about it being Bisping.

If it's Bisping I'll be so fucking excited. 

Or Filthy Tom!

Got it ordered and have my HDMI lead with me. Ideal post NOS Alive entertainment! 

Also... who would've thought Mark Hunt would end up headlining the attempted biggest show ever when he was getting tapped out by Sean McCorkle in just over a minute in a prelim match?

13 minutes ago, Uncle Liam said:

If it's Bisping I'll be so fucking excited. 

Or Filthy Tom!

Got it ordered and have my HDMI lead with me. Ideal post NOS Alive entertainment! 

Also... who would've thought Mark Hunt would end up headlining the attempted biggest show ever when he was getting tapped out by Sean McCorkle in just over a minute in a prelim match?

Crazy.

6 fight losing streak and Dana wanted to buy him out his contract as he didn't want to see him fight again, now he headlines the biggest show ever.

37 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Also Jon Jones has spoken and apologised to everyone, says what's in his system he had no idea of taking or being illegal.

He also said he'd tried out a couple of new supplements at some point, as far as I'm aware usada have a full list of banned supplements which is available to all fighter and online. The UFC also has a team of experts that fighters can run things over with in regards to supplements. No excuse really then, it still counts as s doping violation, just stupid stuff when your at his level.