Ufc

just/john

Wow, chael sonnen deserves some credit for that! I expected shogun to paste him, and had viewed chael as a bit of a pantomime villain since about silva 2. The card as a whole was really good and the new camera work from fox was particularly impressive.

Was a fantastic show last night. So much hype behind Conor McGregor right now. Just hope he doesn't get thrown into a title fight right away. Keep building him up. He was hilarious at the post-fight press conference.

Travis Browne beating Overeem after almost getting killed was incredible.

I thought Shogun would finish Sonnen early or Sonnen would grind it out for the decision.

Did not expect Chael to win via submission in the very first round.

Who does Sonnen fight next? He wants Wanderlei but Belfort and Machida both calling him out on twitter.

Stick Sonnen/Wanderlei on Silva/Weidman II card.

Edited by When Jokers Attack

Yeah I think the reem is done imho. Got to watch the press conference now, I love CMcG, shame he couldnt finish the guy off though.

I think Sonnen Wanderlei is deffo next. They have both been talking the job up since Jones smashed Sonnen.

Edited by t8yman

Wow, what a great card last night, and what a result in the main event! Josh Barnett is a fucking beast, Mir was out cold, he flopped from that knee. He might have recovered quickly, but he was out cold, the boos were very unfair. If that strike had happened in the middle of the ring, no-one would have argued it was a KO imho. And the fight they showed after the main event was a belter.

Edited by t8yman

Just finished watching it there, Didn't think Pettis/Bendo would end in the first round, Had it down as 5 rounder.

I was hoping Pettis was going to win though and wish I had money to put a decent bet on as he was evens with Paddy Power.

I thought it was an early stoppage on Mir, Could of let it go a bit longer but if the ref kept it going then Barnett probably would have fucked him up bad so I can see where people are coming from, It's just one of these things.

First time I have seen Clay Guida fight, He is nuts haha

Well TUF18 is shite. Rousey is a primadonna, the pre fight spoilers are a joke, and it just felt stretched- even though there were 16 fights in 90 minutes.

Also, how is there gonna be one winner? Am I stupid or would there be 1 man and 1 woman left at the end?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that was something else. Total war. I thought it was too close to call, but if I had to choose it would have been AG by a whisker, the decision surprised me a little. Kinda wiped away the bad taste from my mouth of a pretty dull main card on the whole, apart from the co main event.

has a rematch been announced?

I really hope it happens, this is what Dana said...

"Yeah, there's a real good possibility we could do this again. We would give Glover (Teixeira) another fight. Literally, I hadn't even thought about it until you just said it. I like the idea. I think that that fight was awesome. I think that this is one of those fights that people would love to see again. It would be hard for either one of the fighters not to think that they both should rematch."

"Who doesn't want to see this rematch? To be honest with you, I got so caught up in the fight -- and people were yelling at me and stuff and I was yelling back at people -- I honestly didn't' score the fight. When I was leaving the arena people were screaming I had it 3-2 for Gustafsson, and other people were saying I had it 3-2 Jones. And I talked to [uFC Vice President of Regulatory Affairs] Marc Ratner, and he said he had it even going into the fifth round, and he gave the fight to Jones.

"I didn't say we're going to do the rematch, I said I'd like to do the rematch because it makes sense. I'd like it. But first of all, in a fight like this, you've got to let things play out. Jon Jones doesn't even want to hear the word fight for the next two or three weeks, I guarantee that. So we wait. We wait to see what happens, and maybe it's Glover, and maybe it's a rematch, I don't know."

Edited by When Jokers Attack

I think alot of people will call for the rematch when it happens to be in Sweden, but I think a fight of that size would be kept in the US. Whats the biggest fight we have had in Europe recently, Barao's interim defence? Thats the biggest I can think of. The time difference to America would cause problem for the UFC too, but I think Texiera will fight another fight or two before stepping up to a title fight. He is a machine but I dont think he is on the same level as Gus and Jones.

If the rematch happens in Swenden, I make all efforts possible to go.

I felt sorry for Gus, because he had this fight. During the first half of the fight he was in control, but round 4 and 5 belonged to Jon. Still I found it strange that not a single judge scored in favour of gus

I just watched the fight for the first time, and I didnt know that one judge scored it 49-46 to Jones, Gus clearly won more than just one round. I had it as Gus first, Jones second, Gus third, Jones fourth and fifth. If it happens in Sweden it would be probably the biggest event the UFC will ever hold in Europe, I wish I could go but I think it would be out of my reach.

I read somewhere on facebook on one of the MMA bloggers sites that the rematch is happening, but I cant see it being signed and sealed yet, as they will both be recovering from the fight of the year and maybe best fight ever