Ufc

just/john

Sounds good. But I am annoyed that instead of Dos Santos getting a straight shot at Velasquez like originally planned as he is number one contender, he will now have to beat Lesnar first instead. And if Lesnar wins then he is getting the shot at the title.

• 2 months later...

UFC have bought Strikeforce

Heres Wrestling-Edge's report

First it was PRIDE, then the WEC. Now add Strikeforce to the list.

UFC president Dana White today announced in an interview with MMA Fighting that Zuffa, LLC, the parent company for the Ultimate Fighting Championship, has purchased Strikeforce.

Terms of the purchase were not immediately disclosed, but White characterized the franchise as “a good deal.”

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) learned of the deal Saturday morning, though request for comments by both UFC and Strikeforce officials went unanswered.

White said under the terms of the purchase, Strikeforce talent will remain on the promotion’s roster for the time being, though UFC fighters could potentially make their way into the organization.

“Strikeforce is going to continue to run business as usual,” White told MMA Fighting. “There’s contracts in place. These guys are on Showtime. Strikeforce pulls good ratings for Showtime. I think Showtime is happy with them. All those contracts will be honored. These guys are going to remain Strikeforce fighters.

“Could guys from the UFC leave and end up over in Strikeforce? Yeah.”

Showtime officials also declined to comment on the transaction when contacted by MMAjunkie.com.

Similar to Zuffa’s retention of World Extreme Cagefighting executive Reed Harris following the 2006 purchase of his company, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker will remain on with the company.

White ruled out the possibility off cross-promotion “superfights” featuring fighters from both promotions and said current fighter contracts, broadcast deals and partnerships will be unaffected.

• 1 month later...

Lesner vs Dos Santos is off. :(

Brock has had another (recurring) bout of diverticulitis. I'm worried this could this be the end of Brock in UFC... it was a hell of an effort for him to come back from the last time he had it, another 8-12 months off and it could be too big a task. Such a shame.

boooooooooooooooooo first Edgar vs Maynar 3 and now this. Two main events that I was really looking forward to see

Is Dos Santos going to face someone else instead of Brock ?

boooooooooooooooooo first Edgar vs Maynar 3 and now this. Two main events that I was really looking forward to see

Is Dos Santos going to face someone else instead of Brock ?

Shane Carwin... winner gets a shot a Cain Velasquez, probably in October or November

Lesner vs Dos Santos is off. :(

Brock has had another (recurring) bout of diverticulitis. I'm worried this could this be the end of Brock in UFC... it was a hell of an effort for him to come back from the last time he had it, another 8-12 months off and it could be too big a task. Such a shame.

He's done. sad.gif

I think. I dont think it will ever get announced.

Can see Brock going to TNA, if not to wrestle then just to be a face there, WWE left an awful bitter taste in his mouth, read some of his autobiography earlier online and he hated the fame in WWE and the schelude. TNA the schelude is limited and IF he can do a match they'd pay him big money and he wouldn't have the massive publicity he would have to do etc

Plus Angle being their is a massive factor, he knows if he did a match with Angle, he would be looked after. UFC seems way too dangerous for Brock now, in TNA he would be protected. Whatever happens his health is most important

• 4 months later...

He's back!

The greatest man who ever lived cut the best promo since Brock at UFC 100.

"Anderson Silva. You ABSOLUTELY SUCK!" “Super Bowl, weekend, the biggest weekend but we’re upping

the stakes. I beat you, you leave the division. You beat me, I will leave the UFC forever.”

I was bouncing around the room last night. And he destroyed that fucker Stann. Hooray!

A

great

man

~!

I watched it this morning after the grand prix, and my god was it great.... the walk to the ring, the reaction, the fight, the finish, the face turn, the post match interview, the interview with ariel, the muscle flex and the "put them in a ball, turn them side ways and stick them up his [candy] ass".

Tremendous stuff.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

looks a bit lonely in this thread, i have recently started getting into UFC, and have paid for a few fights on itunes, the "usual places" are subjject to DMCA takedowns now, so its pretty much the only way I can see UFC. I really fancy the Jones Belfort fight, gimme a coupla days to catch up with ya!

I absolutely love anderson silva, and nick diaz. and GSP too. Ive been ensconced in Rogans' podcast recently, so thats where my interest came from.

can you suggest any "must see" fights I have most probably not come across?

silva sonnen 1 was my fave so far.