Ufc

just/john

Just when Big Country couldn't get any more white trash...

141595203.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1281216004&Signature=dGqqxDicgBJo2qk1g6JUFOrlf4M%3D

A MULLET! :lol:

I f**kin hate him, fair play hes impressive for the shape he his, but he's never properly been tested in the ufc, dos santos has a good mma record and an even better kickboxing one, im confident nelsons gona have his arse handed to him!

I hope so coz i think the winner of this gets a title shot, an it would b f**kin sick if that was that blob being presented as top contender!

Lookin forward to this cause i love any event clay guida is in, win or lose that guys got heart the size of a dustbin lid!

How can you not love Big Country? He wins a fight on TUF (think it was the Kimbo one) and then looks over at Dana and asks for some Cheeseburgers!

yea man he has a bit of banter but his fights, or at least the ones i have seen, have been boring as hell to watch.

Apart from the struve ko (crackin punch) all ive seen is crucifix, an i dont care who u are once that belly is on u its tough to get off! It just bores me, if he puts on a good show an wins tonight fair play to him il give him his due, but i cant see it!

Pretty crap? This is amazing.

There was a great moment in the third round, about 25 secs in, just after Chael had taken him down, and Silva just had the biggest spolit child look ever on his face.

well he won in the end eh

didn't expect that, if it went the distance..he'd 100% lost

so did the Chael tap out?! Or wtf - obviously he's accepted it now, but was it a tapout?!

so did the Chael tap out?! Or wtf - obviously he's accepted it now, but was it a tapout?!

Yes. 100% tap out. Watch the replay. He lifts his hand and goes to tap, hesitates, then taps.

Awesome card last night. Props to Big Country, he took a helluva lot of punishment, Junior is gonna get destroyed by Brock unfortunately :(

Great submission by Hughes

I said at the start of round 4 that I still couldnt write off Silva, the guy's a ninja! Sonnen had it in the bag, hope he gets an immediate rematch

I screamed at my TV during the first minute of the 5th "Just run away!"

Anyone else see the press conference? Chael was an absolute legend. "If the commission would sanction it and Dana would get out of the way, I'd fight him right now."

Whilst I am still upset, I cant help but feel this is actually the best thing in the world for Chael. He's now a megastar who is going to make a shitload of money in the rematch, and has a f**king good chance of winning.

I screamed at my TV during the first minute of the 5th "Just run away!"

Anyone else see the press conference? Chael was an absolute legend. "If the commission would sanction it and Dana would get out of the way, I'd fight him right now."

Whilst I am still upset, I cant help but feel this is actually the best thing in the world for Chael. He's now a megastar who is going to make a shitload of money in the rematch, and has a f**king good chance of winning.

was a good fight, Silva had been trying to do that move so many times

2more minutes and we'd have had a diff result

I don't like UFC, as stupid as it sounds..bit too violent for me, I only watch it when it's on and I'm at work :)

This makes me sad.

Anderson Silva’s jiu jitsu coach says his fighter came back to his corner after the first round complaining of a “broken rib”. Ramon Lemos also told Tatame that he does not expect Anderson to return to fighting until around March 2011.

“After the first round he said he broke his ribs. He said told me he could not breath because of the rib. I told him to forget the rib and work the movement of legs and he would get the triangle… After the fight he went to the hospital and did an x-ray and the doctor said he did not break it, it was just a crack,” he said.

“Anderson is expected to return in February or March. We have not talked, but he has to take care of injuries, he fought twice last year and had an operation on his elbow. This year he made two more fights and now with this rib injury ... He is no longer a boy, he is 34 years old.”

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=5043

No rematch for quite some time....

But if Chael can get a win in before the end of the year, it lines up rather nicely for TUF13 filming in the new year.

Sonnen vs Silva - USA vs Brazil, on TUF would make for an UNGODLY number of buys.

Gotta say, UFC was a great card, putting Big Country v JR first on was a great choice and the main event was awesome, I HATE, absolutely HATE Silva, he's just so arrogant and smug, but fair play, he gave Sonnen respect afterwards.

The rematch should be very good

I too Hate Silva, I was already celebarting at the 5th round when Sonnen landed a punch then start pounding him. I couldn't wait to see Silva loose, then boom he hit a triangle it's over. He must be the luckiest fighter ever. I doubt Silva will fight Sonnen again, he will probably make all type of excuses to avoid the rematch.

But on the positive side it was nice to Silva getting his ass whooped for over 20mins!!!

Edited by A-Rob

• 1 month later...

If you have any interest in MMA and UFC... you gotta check out this (free) radio show:

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/17619/

Back story... Gray Maynard is a UFC lightweight fighter, just won his last fight against Kenny Florian (sorry Liam) and has an upcoming title fight against Frankie Edgar. Mike Sawyer is a MMA journalist who has ragging on Gray for a long ass time about him being a boring fighter and how he is unable to actually finish fights (having gone 7 fights without finishing a fight).

This show is an interview performed by Mike with Gray, starts off amicably for the first minute or so, before Gray turns on Mike and starts crewing him up. Later turns into a discussion on how to fight to win, rather than how to fight to have fun fights.

Great great radio.

• 4 weeks later...