E- Fest Camp !?

Guest shogun-rua

Hi all,

was just wondering if there was any plans for a meet up like last year??

me and my girlfriend have been the last 2 years and ment to meet up with everyone last year but got there late on friday so assumed wouldnt have much chance of gettin where use lot were...

not enitrely sure what campsite we were in last year...it was over-looking the arena on a hill, with nice soft grass :angry:, bout 10 mins walk away. didnt think that was too bad a campsite, relatively busy but not carmmed..??

anyway, any info on the efest meet up would be welcomed :angry: xxx

Hi all,

was just wondering if there was any plans for a meet up like last year??

me and my girlfriend have been the last 2 years and ment to meet up with everyone last year but got there late on friday so assumed wouldnt have much chance of gettin where use lot were...

not enitrely sure what campsite we were in last year...it was over-looking the arena on a hill, with nice soft grass :lol:, bout 10 mins walk away. didnt think that was too bad a campsite, relatively busy but not carmmed..??

anyway, any info on the efest meet up would be welcomed :lol: xxx

• 2 weeks later...

The E-Fest camp in orange rocked last year ! I'm happy to camp there again - shoptildrop did a great job .

This year i have invested in a much bigger tent so we can all drink apple sour shots in comfort if it rains (which it won't of course)

CANT WAIT !!!

Gonna be bringing loads of newbees this year - 8 at the last count LOL

Hi I'm thinking of joining in the festivities at V Fest this year - the only thing is I will be on my own but I am considering it because a) I don't want to miss out on the summer fest experience and ;) i don't want to wait for any of my mates to oo-aahh maybes

Is anyone else on their own this year? I haven't bought tickets yet but is anyone going on the Big Green Coach service as there are still tix left and i thought it would be good times going with a bunch of festival goers cranking up the music :D

For anyone who has been on their own, did you just bring your own one man tent in the end?

I've travelled around Europe on my own and have met some great people on my travels so I'm up for meeting people and having good trashy times whilst going to some great gigs. I just wonder if it is a safe option?

Hi I'm thinking of joining in the festivities at V Fest this year - the only thing is I will be on my own but I am considering it because a) I don't want to miss out on the summer fest experience and ;) i don't want to wait for any of my mates to oo-aahh maybes

Is anyone else on their own this year? I haven't bought tickets yet but is anyone going on the Big Green Coach service as there are still tix left and i thought it would be good times going with a bunch of festival goers cranking up the music :D

For anyone who has been on their own, did you just bring your own one man tent in the end?

I've travelled around Europe on my own and have met some great people on my travels so I'm up for meeting people and having good trashy times whilst going to some great gigs. I just wonder if it is a safe option?

Hi I'm thinking of joining in the festivities at V Fest this year - the only thing is I will be on my own but I am considering it because a) I don't want to miss out on the summer fest experience and :) i don't want to wait for any of my mates to oo-aahh maybes

Is anyone else on their own this year? I haven't bought tickets yet but is anyone going on the Big Green Coach service as there are still tix left and i thought it would be good times going with a bunch of festival goers cranking up the music :)

Im not so sure most people seem to flock to red or orange as its closest to the arena. I know when i've been there at 7:30am before tis allready busy and definatley no room for a large camp. We tried in 06 to have a little circle to sit in like we did at efest camp before and when we woke up in the morning people had moved all our stuff out the way and camped in it. Personally i think it would reck the efest camp if we couldnt all sit outside our tents in a big group like we did last year!

I did arrive in Orange in 2006 probably about half two in the afternoon, orange camp looked full as the eye could see. I only saw one camping space (that would have fit a small two man tent) but it had a big thick tree stump over it (when I came back later someone had actually camped over it!).

The fact that last year orange camp worked was down to the simple fact of mathematics. How many people arrived on the Thursday? Five thousand, eight thousand? How many people arrive on the Friday in years with no early entry? 90% of everyone?

I'd disagree about most people being there before the crack of dawn too. Some might but even if I were to leave super early I don't see my arrival being before lunchtime at the very earliest.

Another point that was mentioned to me yesterday by another poster is the lout element that Oasis would likely bring. You went to see Oasis and saw how a chunk of the fans were, no? Well I'm sure few of us want neighbours like that. My girlfriend is coming too this year so I also have her to think about, it'll only be her second festival (after Glasto).

Last year, before the specifics of early entry were known (IE only two campsites to choose from), the most popular choices for the camp were Green and Gold.

Completley agree with what Mark said about not everyone is going to arrive early. Some people in camp last year didnt even get there till the evening so to say we cant really do much about it i think is very unfair. I think we would get space in orange 4 a few tents at a push, and definatley not gonna be able to save room for the people who are arriving later on, it just wouldnt work!

I also have the mother in law and a few friends coming with me this year who are all newbies and i dont think the in law is going to appreciate being in a packed spot so i would much prefer green (never been in gold so cant vouch) but if everyone is so determined to be in orange again maybe we should have two seperate efest camps like last year, one in green and one in orange?