Facebook Poker

Guest Dannny

I have officially become addicted to facebook poker! I should sooo be revising for my GCSE's that start on Tuesday, but hey, there are numbers in poker.. so counts as math right?

Is anyone else addicted to any form of gambling?

Oo.. also, if your on facebook poker, give us a yell :P

I've given up poker. Played mainly on PokerStars and occasionally on Full Tilt poker but it was taking over my life!

It's one thing playing "fun" games for free, but when the money comes into it it's a whole different ball game. I discovered this to my cost in Vegas, got killed on more than one occasion (though the Mrs managed to finish $250 up which softened the blow a little)

I've given up poker. Played mainly on PokerStars and occasionally on Full Tilt poker but it was taking over my life!

It's one thing playing "fun" games for free, but when the money comes into it it's a whole different ball game. I discovered this to my cost in Vegas, got killed on more than one occasion (though the Mrs managed to finish $250 up which softened the blow a little)

It's Laak all right, similarity starts and ends with the fact that we both seem to live in grey hooded tops.

Was never a tournament player, strictly limit hold 'em cash games. Thinking of starting again, need to get some practice in before Vegas in October. Couple of nice games in Mandalay Bay and Excalibur, full of proper tourists so I'm never the worst player there (there's local who use the games like cash machines, just eat up all the little fish!)

I played a couple of games in Circus Circus and the MGM last year in Vegas. Was a real buzz playing in Vegas but just a pity it didn't last very long!! Managed to win a tournament in Melbourne though a couple of years ago which was sweet...I prefer tournaments to cash games myself but just love playing. Think being a top poker professional would be my ideal 'job'!!!

MGM - that's a really tough poker room!

Not won anything of note really, played and won a few multi table tourneys on pokerstars, $1-$5 buy in is my limit too. Played some good stuff in a cash game at Excalibur but got over confident when I played at Mandalay bay and got, as I beleive the expression is, owned!

Can't be bothered with facebook poker, if it's not for money it turns into no fold 'em hold 'em because it doesn't matter. That said when I used to play free games on pokerstars (waaay back) I won far far more than I lost, a bit of skill and strategy went a long way!

Nope, it isn't. And I'm not even lying. I'm sure adaptions could be made to make it rude though.. strip snap for example, but that's a whole new game. :lol:

Basically the same as snap, but (say if there's three players) the first player says "ace" when they put the first card down, the second palyer says "two" and so until, after "ten" you just say Jack, Queen or King. But say for example, the third player said "three" as he put his card down, and the card was a 3 of something, you say snap then. Oh, and Queen's snap anything.

Just watched a few hands on Facebook Poker. I have to say that the standard was very poor indeed.

Full table called a $25 raise, almost everyone called a $100 raise post flop (why??), then when a 3 hits on the turn half the table fold to a $200 bet.

Now, I'm no Phil Helmuth but I know that the 3 isn't going to have improved anyone's had greatly (given that the flop was all high cards and anyone with low pairs would have done well to get out of the way). river was a King and the final two call each other down.

Winner had a Jack and a 6, paired his jack with a jack on the board and make 2 pair with 2 K on the board. WTF! The J6 wasn't even suited, that's like 5-6% chance of winning. What a clown.

Christ only knows what the others had, I hate "no fold 'em hold 'em"

Rant over

Edited by TheNewUnion