"Official" Pre Glastonbury Party/Meet at Africa Oye festival

Guest scouseLee

New thread as seems to be now confirmed as a good few of us wanting to come over and meet up for this :lol:

Africa Oye http://www.africaoye.com/ is a great FREE 2 days out the weekend before Glastonbury, 1 stage of the finest african and caribbean music on a field in the best park in town!

It's also my birthday and if the weather is fine then we'll get back to my garden for a bbq and late nite revelry to take us through to the summer solstice.

As it is my birthday it is my prerogative to offer you some cake :lol:

At the back of the field is a surrounding area of bars, food & a market area, there is a Chai tent there we could meet between 2 & 4 on the Saturday if that sounds ok, stage closes around 9.30 then my flat(with massive garden) is 5 minutes away to carry on the party, if however there are hundreds of us we'll just start a rave in the field with all the traders and organisers, which has happened previously :lol:

2 Things that i am sure will happen, 1 the weather will be better than last year and 2 Howl will not be on crutches :lol:

See you there peoples :lol:

Edited by scouseLee

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New thread as seems to be now confirmed as a good few of us wanting to come over and meet up for this :lol:

Africa Oye is a great FREE 2 days out the weekend before Glastonbury, 1 stage of the finest african and caribbean music on a field in the best park in town!

It's also my birthday and if the weather is fine then we'll get back to my garden for a bbq and late nite revelry to take us through to the summer solstice.

As it is my birthday it is my prerogative to offer you some cake :lol:

At the back of the field is a surrounding area of bars, food & a market area, there is a Chai tent there we could meet between 2 & 4 on the Saturday if that sounds ok, stage closes around 9.30 then my flat(with massive garden) is 5 minutes away to carry on the party, if however there are hundreds of us we'll just start a rave in the field with all the traders and organisers, which has happened previously :lol:

2 Things that i am sure will happen, 1 the weather will be better than last year and 2 Howl will not be on crutches :lol:

See you there peoples :lol:

I'll be there!

I was going to try and organise something at Tallulahs in New Brighton, but no point in having 2 pre-glasto meets, so hows about doing the New Brighton one on the Saturday after Glasto?

I'm sure we'll all have the post-glasto come down so it can be like a support session or something ;-)

I'll be there!

I was going to try and organise something at Tallulahs in New Brighton, but no point in having 2 pre-glasto meets, so hows about doing the New Brighton one on the Saturday after Glasto?

I'm sure we'll all have the post-glasto come down so it can be like a support session or something ;-)

Rockness is fookin evil mate, Daft Punk there one of my top 5 ever gigs! Best festi site by a mile, great people up there and apart from some of the lads backstage i was the only scouser in the village i reckon so was well loved :angry: nearly wrecked the car on the way back home in the highlands, sunset not till 2.30am really surreal weekend :( saw alabama 3 up there as well, they playin local on the 12th or out of town?

Yeahh Bestival looks to be sick, would've loved to have gone personally, but I dont think it'll happen.

Aghh a freebie for Rockness Lee yeah? Jammie get :angry:

Sefton park yeahh, they always have runs and stuff on there dont they, love that park, many a young night getting bevvied down there, ranks alongside caldies for me as one of the best parks in Liverpool :(

Daft Punk sound amazing, especially in France, they are French arent they? Seen some footage of them at Wireless, we need to get that pyramid on the pyramid.

• 2 weeks later...