Feeling old!

Guest The Inbetweener!

Hi im new, haven't been to V since 2001, had a great time but due to work commitments have not been since, but am defo going camping this year with my bro!.

Im 26 and after reading thru the posts am feeling a little concerned (well not swine flu concerned) that im gonna be a bit too old for the crowd...oh well im sure it will still be cool.

Had a great time in 2001 watching the Foos and the Chilis carve weston park up, with some skins and some skunk in my back pocket and buying a shitload of 99s at the ice cream van, and as an 18 year old thinking how on the edge i am by swallowing all 6 of my space cadets when on the pack it stated no more than 2 per hour...how hardcore not... hopefully i can say hi to some people on here b4 too long.

Dave :O

Hey guys, yeah soz about the repeat postings, everytime i pressed enter to put on the posting, the page would not load, then to my horror, id posted the same thing 5 times...ouch!

Can a mod please delete the other threads, im well embarressed lol

Edited by The Inbetweener!

I had a conversation with 1 of my fest friends and it went like this

uncle pete " im not doing this anymore im getting to old "

karl " dont be daft ... you say that every year"`

uncle pete " yeah but karl im 70 next year"

karl " ahahhahahahahahhahahahahah"

Uncle pete is great , he is 70 next year and still does about 8/10 fesitvals a year

Edited by karlpowell

Nah, you won't be too old, not by a long shot (I'm 25 myself). There are plenty of peeps there who are 30+, possibly more than teenagers.

You may find the V Festival to have lost a lot of it's vibe that it once had, it's fairly less rockier, campfires aren't allowed etc etc. It's still great fun though.

You might be interested in checking out the E Fest camp. Shoptilldrop organised the first one last year and she's doing it again. It was well organised and we had about twenty people, it was a great laugh!

Hi I'm gatecrashing from Chelmsford again!!

I am 42 and hubby is 43 - couldn't care less how old we are or how young/old the crowd is - we have such a great weekend at V and that is what it's all about - usually go with my 23 year old nephew and his girlfriend, and we have such a great time. Roll on August! x

Red there were a couple who were in their 60s who got chatting on to me during The Stranglers last year - they had been to every V and come over from France for it. They have some kind of get together for V every year with their mates or some such thing so reckon they will be the oldest. Oh and yeah they were like kids during Stranglers No More Heroes!

Really, you're not old!! I'm 34, didn't go to V until 2007, so I'm "old" and a late starter! I'm going this year with my 21 year old friend. I like the fact that V has a good mix of ages :P

What's the saying The Old and Bold - the teenagers will all be heading off to the 'cool' acts with their mates worrying if their hair is ok and worrying if their dancing looks stupid / they can get away with claiming they drank 60 pints when they just had their second shandy... the rest of us will be dancing like lunatics in the best 'I couldn't give a sh*t' fashion to tunes from our heydays - I'm 27 and intend to regress to my teenage years while maintaining my older world attitudes.

Uncle_H in your own time crack on mate good on you.

Edited by staffsknot

I am 27. I have to tell you this and listen up. 26 is not old. 36 is not old. You can only infact class yourself as "OLD" when you FEEL old!

I myself am rebelling against the whole getting older thing. I am still going to be acting like an 18 year old til the day I die. I am so used to people telling me to grow up I don't listen to them anymore!

Fact is, at 16 I couldn't get away with half of what I can get away with now and I have money to do it. Age is but a number and quite frankly matters not one teeny tiny bit.

B x