How strict is the camping?

Guest Lakey91

Hi guys.

Me and two mates are going to V on the Sunday, as we can't afford the full weekend.

We live about 130 miles away, and will be travelling by car. Only thing is, none of us fancy driving the 130 miles back home after the festival ends. We have friends that are staying for the full weekend, and we were wondering if we could get them to take us a tent in so that we can stay the night.

Would there be any issues with security? I've never been to V and don't know if they check for camping passes or whatever. I know you could easily get away with this at Leeds fest, but maybe not a V.

Recon we could get away with it? Or will we have to sleep like pikeys in a layby somewhere? :rolleyes:

The other option would be to camp there both Saturday and Sunday nights, but I can't see us being allowed in on Saturday night with only a Sunday ticket.

What do you guys think? Worth the risk? :)

I remember them checking bands on the friday night.. but in the madness of the rain sat night it was a free for all. How easy is it at leeds then?

Two of my friends last year waited and waited for their tickets, when they arrived they had day tickets and not the camping tickets so they came and each night we all walked in wih our hands up and no one stopped to check us, they were strict when it was very empty and you firts walked in on the Thursday but they got away with it all weekend.

Saying this, don't blame me if you plan to do it and don't get in but they had no probs

We always got checked! In fact on one occassion, my hoodie sleeve was stuck over my wristband and the security made me stop and checked wristband fully before I could go on to my little bed!!

I have seen tents up by cars in the carpark before. Don't know if they have clamped down on this yet.

TBH, if I were you, I'd a have a brief sleep in your car and then head off. It's less hassle all round.

B x

Some mates of mine go to V fest every year and never pay. In 2007 they never even had wristbands on, dont know how they did it, they just said they pick the right time to sneek past security(i.e when it is busiest)

Last year they got wristbands from "Badminton Horse Trials" and got in easily. It's not recommended but if you time it right it can work.

Some mates of mine go to V fest every year and never pay. In 2007 they never even had wristbands on, dont know how they did it, they just said they pick the right time to sneek past security(i.e when it is busiest)

Last year they got wristbands from "Badminton Horse Trials" and got in easily. It's not recommended but if you time it right it can work.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys.

Me and two mates are going to V on the Sunday, as we can't afford the full weekend.

We live about 130 miles away, and will be travelling by car. Only thing is, none of us fancy driving the 130 miles back home after the festival ends. We have friends that are staying for the full weekend, and we were wondering if we could get them to take us a tent in so that we can stay the night.

Would there be any issues with security? I've never been to V and don't know if they check for camping passes or whatever. I know you could easily get away with this at Leeds fest, but maybe not a V.

Recon we could get away with it? Or will we have to sleep like pikeys in a layby somewhere? :lol:

The other option would be to camp there both Saturday and Sunday nights, but I can't see us being allowed in on Saturday night with only a Sunday ticket.

What do you guys think? Worth the risk? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Well done for going about it the right way!!

You'll have a much better time knowing your legit and have no risk of getting turfed out.. i mean imagine trying to get in the campsite wasted only to be told to do one... not good times!

Glad you got your tix sorted, Hope you have a great time.