Good ways to kill time before festivals..

Guest Dannny

Here is a post I wrote last year, entitled "Such a medium time till V! - Helping the time go by".

Well, there is certainly a little bit of a while until V. Now it is May it is no longer ages, neither is it imminent.

What hobbies do you all have to pass the time? I thought I'd make a thread on this and share a few examples that are easy and cost no money :P.

Standing on one leg:

Image1.jpg

This activity can be great fun for people of nearly all ages (except for the very young, elderly and suchlike). It does require a certain degree of balance but I'd say this increases the fun element of this activity by 17%, which is not to be sneezed at.

Pointing:

mepoint.jpg

If you thought the last example was great fun, this one will rock your socks. In addition to being a great hobby for billions of people in the world today, it serves many vital purposes. It can be brilliant in situations were verbal communication is impossible/difficult, you can point to indicate the service or product you require for example. You could point to indicate which individual is your relative and you can point out who in the identity parade was the shoplifter (if you were a witness, (perhaps suspect is a relative too)).

In the above picture, I am doing the standard one finger point. While rather conventional, it is still fairly effective, it's reliability ensures it's popularity in the great pointing tournaments of the world. Pointing with certain accessories, such as a small stick, a pen are other methods that have been recently growing in popularity.

As a hobby, pointing can be most excellent. The computer room in my house makes a great location to practice this art as the room is full of many articles of varying size (yeah, it's a bit of a clutter but it has order in the chaos). Not only can pointing kill time, it can also help you improve your reflexes; If you are ever near a newsworthy event, whether a cat stuck in a tree or a building on fire in the city, just a little practice every day will cause you to instinctively point at it in a dramatic way for all to see (and thus feature on the news).

Drinking a nice glass of rose:

Image3.jpg

Whoops it's all gone.

Waving:

Imag4.jpg

As with pointing, waving also serves many purposes. It is usually done to help say your goodbyes to a loved one or else a dear friend. It can also be used to greet someone in some cases or you may wish to do it if your car overtakes a friends car on the motorway or suchlike.

Practising your own waving technique is more important than most people realise, as in many cases it is important to demonstrate your sincerity in your wave.

In a few cases (like if you were to go on holiday to Germany), it's important that your wave is not mistaken for a Nazi salute:

ted.jpg

practising can help prevent this, it also has many health benefits such as improving circulation and strengthening your arm muscles.

Taking pictures with your webcam:

Image2.jpg

There's my eye, all green and everything.

Posting topics such as this on the forum:

Image.jpg

:)

Sadly Squall has cornered the market in random genius

Buy motorbike, hit road (not litterally) and never look back... should pass a few weeks

Take up an instrument (unless you have understanding neighbours not the drums although they rock)

i think because we havnt had the second announcement yet, time seems to be going extremely slow, plus v havnt exactly done much about communicating with people i.e. emails and the like. I'm filling the space inbetween with gigs and a trip to manchester so that i have other things to get excited about lol!

How to kill time before a festval....

- Join a festival forum, enjoy the rumours and waiting for the next announcement

- Go to lots of gigs before hand to get you in the mood...like you have to get in the mood for a festival :s

- Have lots of night outs and drunkern times

- Follow your football team match by match until the end of the season, even though a few months back a Champions League place was on the cards, but now we'll be lucky to get a UEFA cup place the way we're going...Claret and Blue Army!! (Not Recommended due to sheer frustration lol )

Make a mud pie!

go to the garden and eat worms... they are full of protein you know, and the wriggly little buggers are rather difficult to catch.

Listen to MTV base and such like as it seems thats where all our anounced artists this year are showcasing there talents

Go to the pub and drink beer... especially tonight. Unless like me, you don't have a single friend willing to come out and play with you. :) I just found out that www.rentamate.com isn't real! :blink:

- Join a festival forum, enjoy the rumours and waiting for the next announcement

- Go to lots of gigs before hand to get you in the mood...like you have to get in the mood for a festival :s

- Follow your football team match by match until the end of the season, even though a few months back a Champions League place was on the cards, but now we'll be lucky to get a UEFA cup place the way we're going...Claret and Blue Army!! (Not Recommended due to sheer frustration lol )

Lol Im like the opposite of you. I followed my team as we went through terrible form and saw them live losing 2-0 to you's at home. Now however we are looking good to win the fa cup, champo league, and safely finish fourth, guess who I support.
Edited by Cassius It's Over

To pass the time apart from working 40 hours plus and having a 4 year old that goes to ballet, tap, street dance, gymnastics and swimming - Phew

Me and my friends (who go to V) in this weather (and wehn skint) just get our tents and go and camp in our local country park, in the woodland bit, plenty of us so safe enough, build a fire, take our music and sit up till the early hours having he odd drinky poo's.

it only seems like yesterdya since last year's festival and next year I will be saying the same, time flies when your having fun an all that

Ah....must be The Gunners

our worst enemy...for this season anyway... we only hope you lose against the big 3 you've yet to play, and our 100% win rate , scheduled to begin next game :s....and then we shall hopefully beat you to fourth :rolleyes:

Yeah right!

Oh my gosh, I've just established how addictive bread sticks are. The joys of a quick metabolism, yay :rolleyes:

For anyone that has a WiiFit, do the hula hoop thing on the most advanced one for as long as possible. I just did and I think my hips are gonna fall off.