Is it possible to pay £10 when i get to the site on the wed night

Guest calumtom19

I don't care how much they insist they won't let anyone in. Slip a steward a tenner and your in.

Think about it. If say a thousand people turn up on wednesday without a wednesday pass (aand realistically it will be a much bigger number) they have 2 choices.

1- Refuse entry, have a thousand pissed-up and pissed off teens hanging about, trying to climb over the fence (or even worse breaking it down leading too people without weekend tickets being able to get in free) and give themselves a whole heap of bother

or

2- Take a tenner off everyone, so 10k extra for every 1000 people, plus the food stalls and stuff inside make extra money, simply to sit in there empty field. I honestly wouldn't be suprised if they took an extra 100k by letting everyone in a day early, and I just can't see what harm it causes to them. Its an empty field.

If my mates can get the day off work il be arriving on wednesday, and no matter what there spin is, there will be a handfull of stewards only too happy to let me in, and slip a tenner in there back pocket.

That said, feel free not to turn up untill thursday... il appreciate the extra choice of camping spots :(

You do that! I'll be inside with my tent set up and my cider and my Krispy Kreme donuts...mmmmmm. Yay for early bird tickets.

I do hope that you can buy wednesday tickets separate from coach ones next year inthe early bird, it would suck to have to pay extra for a coach when they don't even do a coach that would get me there (I don't think they do anyways!)

Well, they've made it quite clear that there will be no early entry tickets at the box office this year after all the hassle last year i do believe that they wont be selling, and all of the peoples efforts will fail.

I think it's pathetic that people have the attitude to cuase anuisance in the town or outside the festival when they dont get there tickets, when they've been specifically told they wont be selling them at the door this year.

Hold up. Chill for a bit. I am going Wednesday, whether I get in or not. I am not starting a revolution Che Guevara style. If they say you cant come in I will be ok. Get drunk outside, sleep in my car. But as I have to drive nearly 3 hours to get there. I dont want to be up at like 4am, rally the troops and leave by 5am so I can get big enough space so me and my 20 friends that are going this year can be together.

Making nuisance for a town. Well the amount of money they get from me going every year. You are pathetic in the fact that for 1 weekend I get a break from hard work and get to relax. Pretty much my form of holiday and you call me pathetic for wanting 1 more day off. So yeah, if you dont like it, dont do it. Think little of us, but I dont care. I do this for me and my friends, not other people who get paid to be there and accept even more money from me to let me in for like 16 hours more.

Dickhead!

For a lot of businesses the festival is a second Christmas. It arguably keeps some afloat, and played a part in some of them deciding to start up in Reading. Unquestionably there are more jobs in Reading because of the festival, and therefore more tax for the council. Not to mention the amount they get off of FR.

It's not our fault if the people of Reading elect snout in trough councillors who don't spend it on what the people want.

It's completely reasonable for festival goers to turn around and say "we're putting money into this town, so they should think carefully before treating us like dirt."

For a lot of businesses the festival is a second Christmas. It arguably keeps some afloat, and played a part in some of them deciding to start up in Reading. Unquestionably there are more jobs in Reading because of the festival, and therefore more tax for the council. Not to mention the amount they get off of FR.

It's not our fault if the people of Reading elect snout in trough councillors who don't spend it on what the people want.

It's completely reasonable for festival goers to turn around and say "we're putting money into this town, so they should think carefully before treating us like dirt."

Edited by TalkShow Bob

Fair enough I understand that residents and certain businesses find it more hassle than rewarding.

But I also like to think that certain improvements are made for the festival which may not have been made without it. For example certain roads.

But there are lots of high street vendors who are just normal people that are happy to go outside and over price some beer for us to buy. Which is fair enough.

I mean dont get me wrong, I am from a small seaside town that on Reading weekend is clogged up for the air show. But the air show is the same every year. Where as Reading gets different bands each year. And some people who live in Reading get the choice as whether or not to go each year. Festival on there doorstep.

Like the Reading council allow the festival to be there each year, I am sure they must make some money which goes back into local improvements. Also every year I feel really sorry for the people who live in Reading that have to deal with that many people each year. But it is only 1 weekend out of 52. This 1 weekend brings so many people enjoyment who pay to go.