appropriate footwear..

Guest punkincowcat

Mate wellies are only good for pottering about the garden in for an hour or so, or taking the dog out for a walk in, not 5 days of a festival, no matter how chic and trendy certain celebs try to make them look. My advice, invest in a decent pair of walking boots and a pair of gaiters. Get the walking boots worn in first though.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Girls, if you go for wellies choose quality over style!

Got me some boring green dunlop wellies at Glasto in the year of the great flood.

They served me well for that Glasto and the next couple, in fact they're so comfy I'd often wear them even when it was dry.

Last year I gave into the temptation and bought some lovely pink spotty wellies ;) They felt fine at first but by the end of the weekend half the lining had come away and they gave me blisters on my heels.

So this year I'll be back to my trusty farmers wellies. Not that it's going to rain :angry:

Well, this is all down to personal choice, but I don't agree - I'd much rather be in some lightweight trail running shoes like Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra.

If it's wet and muddy, then at Glastonbury (due to the deep water and mud), then I'm afraid it's wellies. I agree at some festivals walking boots are the best choice though. I have some nice Zamberlan walking boots that are amazingly comfortable, but not as comfortable as the Salomon trail running shores.

i did the constant drizzle of '04 in doc martens and they were awful in the mud, it seemed to really cling to them and it felt like i had concrete feet. i also developed septic blisters even though my dm's were years old and worn in. they didn't let any water in though. :angry: i went with wellies in '07 thank god. i got them 2 sizes too big and wore wool socks and a pair of soft slippers that are made of pure wool and are fluffy inside (like ugg boot innards). i had warm dry trotters all weekend and the layers of wool helped support my feet and cushioned me against the rough ground. will be using the same recipe this year.

1506507020m1_swc.jpg

I'm wearing these :lol:

plus taking my trusty rocket dogs

Not wanting to get shot down in a hail of abuse but even at Glasto, I do still care a little about how I look :lol:

I wore some nice wellies last year with leg warmers underneath and they were fine and not really hurting but my hubby wore his Zamberlan walking boots and he said his feet didn't ache once.

So the question is, how do I wear my walking shoes with my shorts and not look like a complete idiot! Wellies seem to look ok but I can just imagine my white legs sticking out of the tops of my walking shoes.....not pretty!.... (I'm slightly past my 21st birthday .... only by 15 years or so!!)

Not wanting to get shot down in a hail of abuse but even at Glasto, I do still care a little about how I look :lol:

I wore some nice wellies last year with leg warmers underneath and they were fine and not really hurting but my hubby wore his Zamberlan walking boots and he said his feet didn't ache once.

So the question is, how do I wear my walking shoes with my shorts and not look like a complete idiot! Wellies seem to look ok but I can just imagine my white legs sticking out of the tops of my walking shoes.....not pretty!.... (I'm slightly past my 21st birthday .... only by 15 years or so!!)

Had to post this !

My mate in Manchester who plays in band , is a like a scruffier version of Kurt Cobain and he so wants

to be a rock star.

He is always seen in his tatty denim and even tattier leather jacket. But for Glastonbury last year

he wanted to walk the walk. In his local shopping centre he came across want he was looking for

"Black Kiddies wellies with loads of pink flowers on "

When he went to pay for them , the bloke asked who they were for. When he said "Myself " !

The bloke cried "Nay lad you can't have them , they are for girls "

:lol:

ive taken that range of footwear before to glastonbury; ive found it too much, so limited it to wellies and trainers (but you could also limit it to boots and trainers if you prefer).

i dont like wearing sandals at glasto, as in some of the crowds you can get people standing on your feet by mistake.

big chill i wear sandals though.

I was always a docs or walking boots girl and then in 2005 my docs got so wet (repeatedly) that they shrank!! I went to put them on the Sunday morning and they were a really tight squeeze around the foot and ankle!! It was also not very pleasant doing and undoing muddy, sticky laces...

so last year I bought a pair of farmers wellies (not keen on the floral ones myself) and they were sooooo comfy :huh:

It seems that everyone has totally different advice drawn from their own experiences! I think I might just take the dms and a pair of converse and if need be buy some wellies at glasto!! probably gonna be a rip off.. what you think? any advice on which stalls to avoid ect?

Thanks guys :P

p.s yes im a girl :huh:

It seems that everyone has totally different advice drawn from their own experiences! I think I might just take the dms and a pair of converse and if need be buy some wellies at glasto!! probably gonna be a rip off.. what you think? any advice on which stalls to avoid ect?

Hey, Im new to this board, I just secured my ticket for this year, well chuffed :huh:

I've only been once before in the very rainy 2007 and my choice of footwear was Doc Martins and a set of good old trusty Adidas Shelltoes, now i thought this would be more than enough as my docs have been through some amount of abuse, but they just didnt hack it in the ultra-mud, apart from slipping all over the place (granted they were quite old soles on them),

i found the main problem being at the end of each day fighting through 3 inches of clay/mud to get to my shoe laces then when i got them off i would never have enough water to wash my hands, and the que for the water would be massive, and generally involve shoes to get to it lol,

But to top this feeling off i went to all the wellie shops around glasto and couldnt find any to fit me (i didint ever get my hopes up being a size 13.5 UK lol) when i got back to glasgow i ended up just throwing the doc's away because of the smell and the thought of cleaning them.

I guess what i want to ask you guys is if you know anywhere either glasgow based or trust-worthy internet based (although i'd prefer somewhere where i can try them on) that sells large sizes of wellies at reasnable prices, preferably under £20?

Muiro