first time at reading

Guest *sen*

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading last year was my first... if your with a good group of people your fine...

Random suggestions:

- Try not to camp near any main paths... (We made that error - Still only 1 guy fell onto our tent on the Sunday night haha, and we was in Green).

- Don't camp near the toilets! HAHA (You'll never smell anything like it when it comes to Sunday... it literally burnt my nostril hair!)

- Bring the essentials... Baby Wipes are a live saver!

- HAVE FUN!

I'll add more soon... :)

RedFerret is spot on, just pick where you camp carefully

try and have a flag or something to make your campsite easily identifiable, else it can be a real pain late at night stumbling round trying to locate your tent

as to the toilets- im always surprised at the amount of people camped near the toilets when i get to the festival...there's spaces elsewhere yet they chose near the toilets? what's wrong with them;)

I'd agree with all the general festival advice! And also (having been at Glastonbury the year it flooded out) I tend to avoid camping in really low areas, but doubt Reading will ever get that wet... I'd also add alcohol hand gel to the stuff you bring, when you see what the toilets are like you'll want something stronger than babywipes before you eat!!

I'm new to Reading though, anyone got any advice on which campsites are best if you want to have fun without your tent being set alight?

A bucket :lol:

Take an empty bucket, you can then fill it with water in the morning. Strip down to your crackers and then have a wash, i have done this for the past 3 years and it is the greatest feeling!

oooo if you are going to do this, take some soap too!

I suggest Natural Sources Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel, THAT is a good way to get fresh quick haha

A bucket :lol:

Take an empty bucket, you can then fill it with water in the morning. Strip down to your crackers and then have a wash, i have done this for the past 3 years and it is the greatest feeling!

oooo if you are going to do this, take some soap too!

I suggest Natural Sources Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel, THAT is a good way to get fresh quick haha

Take toilet paper with you. They will all be gone from the portaloos at the end of the first day if it's anything like TiTP.

Try and have a dump on the friday as that's when the toilets will be at their most clean.

thank you all so much for your advice.

all my mates went last year and they kept telling me that it is great but there are loads of drunk people about which frightened me lol. perhaps im a sheltered child!

but the line-up is nice and hopefully the weather will be too so i hope i enjoy myself!

everyone going to reading, have a wicked time also!

Be my first Reading too and was just wondering do I NEED a locker? Or can I survive without one?

Also how many people dont wash over the weekend? Becuase Ill probably be too drunk to bother then ill be sleeping all morning and when i wake up ill either be eating or drinking again lol. No time.