first time at reading

Guest *sen*

yea man, i wanna see those too, the stages arent that far apart, unlike glasto lol

only thing is when bands arer about to start or finish its always gonna be real usy getting around as everyone is rushing to/from stages

so just keep that in mind, and possibly try to go there a bit before they're due to start

also the indoor stages will fill up real quick-i dont mind, im happy staying outside sitting on the grass, insides too hot and sweaty!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, thanks for that picture. It looks like everything is rammed into a field the size of the pyramid arena at Glasto (ok maybe a bit bigger but not much). Was just thinking is it not a pain if you happen to be near those stages whilst watching the main stage regarding noise and stuff.

I've been to Glasto twice now but this will be my first time at Reading. I've heard some awful things regarding general drunken behaviour like pissing on tents and setting them on fire (not necessarily at the same time) Is it REALLY THAT BAD?

(also, if you have been to both, how do they compare?)

Hey, thanks for that picture. It looks like everything is rammed into a field the size of the pyramid arena at Glasto (ok maybe a bit bigger but not much). Was just thinking is it not a pain if you happen to be near those stages whilst watching the main stage regarding noise and stuff.

I've been to Glasto twice now but this will be my first time at Reading. I've heard some awful things regarding general drunken behaviour like pissing on tents and setting them on fire (not necessarily at the same time) Is it REALLY THAT BAD?

(also, if you have been to both, how do they compare?)

On how they compare, glasto is bigger, busier and more costly, as with reading you can venture into town each morning. Reading is less intense if you want it to be, but the crowds are more intense if you get into the pit. Lots more to do at glasto. Its different strokes for different folks, i do though think they are both great festivals.

Its not that bad, its all a myth. You only ever hear people saying how "i was so nervous my tent was going to be set on fire". You never actually hear someone saying "they set my tent on fire". You always hear, "i felt like someone was going to start a fight on me". You never hear "someone randomer started a fight with me".

Its full of 16-18 year olds acting like idiots, starting fires (on paths, 99% with their own stuff), but its like fighting with a dwarf, keep them at arms length and you will be fine.

If you are worried though, dont camp in yellow, camp in white. But ive always camped in yellow and ive never been worried.

Thanks a lot set my mind at rest. The bold bit made me laugh. I thought it might be as you describe rather than being how you could think it is if you believe the rumours, I suppose otherwise the festival wouldn't happen and/or have a rep in the press. I understand that they are different in a lot of ways it was just the attitude thing that worried me but it now sounds just like any other gathering of student aged people (and being a student myself that's fine by me even if I am not the get trashed and stay out til 6am sort)!

To be honest I CAN'T WAIT. I'm fresh out of Glasto avoiding Reading acts all weekend which of course was not that difficult (my ankles and feet have only just recovered) and have U2 @ Wembley the week before but the line-up for Reading this year looks incredible! How long left...... HA! :D:D:)