NO METAL DAY

Guest thoumasked

call it what you wish, heavy day/metal day the point is it was an iconic feature of every festival i have been to and i loved it. however it has disapeared, compared to last years mix of avenged sevenfold, tenaciousd, slipknot, metallice ( i know two didnt play however they were booked) to this years yeah yeah yeahs bloc party vampire weekend....

-.-

there shall be little a moshing on sunday night unless it is to a few bloc aprty songs or just.

however i have no major problem with this, i am quite fond of bloc party (suprised as i am they have achieved semi-headline slots to years in a row, has this been done before?)

no my major problem is this years lineup is going to attract pikey madness, full of the popular bands which either directly attract pikeys such as kings of leon and kaiser chiefs, or attract an ensemble of students who are sitting ducks for thieves and scallies.

we may not see the amount of rioting w e did last year due to the absence of a heavy sunday, however i anticipate a theft and break in count even larger than usual.

so i suggest we cordon of purple zone and shoot anyone not deemed worthy, its drastic but i think we would all have a much better festival :P:D:D:D

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure FFAF, Placebo, Deftones and Fall Out Boy have all played the heavy day before. Add Lostprophets and AFI headlining the tent (I assume :/) as the alternatives to Kaiser's and KoL and there's your heavy day right there.

Not awe inspiring, but it ****'s on 07's attempt of a heavy day minus NIN and SP.

The fact pikeys do not realy like any sort of loud music they like realy faggoty stuff I think this thread has a title not relevant to anything.

I want to see kings of leon for there older stuff which is miles better than there new material this doesnt make me a pikey at all!

Kaisercheifs are one of the best bands I have seen live and I am realy looking forward to it.

I must admit Im pretty disapointed about the rock/metal compared to previous years but If I was realy that botherd I wouldnt of gone through a horrible night trying to book tickets and fork out 182 pound for a ticket especially in these times.

If you want to proper mosh ( I mean not bloc partys mosh) then see gallows, enter shakira placebo etc

The fact pikeys do not realy like any sort of loud music they like realy faggoty stuff I think this thread has a title not relevant to anything.

I want to see kings of leon for there older stuff which is miles better than there new material this doesnt make me a pikey at all!

Kaisercheifs are one of the best bands I have seen live and I am realy looking forward to it.

I must admit Im pretty disapointed about the rock/metal compared to previous years but If I was realy that botherd I wouldnt of gone through a horrible night trying to book tickets and fork out 182 pound for a ticket especially in these times.

If you want to proper mosh ( I mean not bloc partys mosh) then see gallows, enter shakira placebo etc

Sorry, but this is bullshit. Just because people don't listen to metal it doesn't automatically make them pikeys ffs.

Yeah, I understand you're annoyed but there are metal festivals if it's metal you want. I know there's always been the heavy day for the last few years, but R/L has always been more rock/indie orientated and was before 'metal day' and judging by how quickly the tickets went, not too many people have been put off.

Besides, it still looks like there are going to be some great metal bands playing the festival.