Zane Lowe on Radio 1

Guest Kyelo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been to Leeds a few times and will be going this year. Gets good bands but the place is full of pyro knobs and idiots who think that it's better than Reading just because it's "up North" (usually said by people who think they're extras from Skins, ironically). If there was no Ian Brown, Prodigy, Kings Of Leon or the prospect of the NME stage being headlined by Weezer or The Offspring on the Radiohead day then I wouldn't be going this year.

Glastonbury, I've never been but I'm looking forward to my first time this year. It will be refreshing to not having to watch your back for a piece of shrapnel from an exploding cannister hitting you and to be with a generally more mature crowd. Oh, and of course seeing Blur will be incredible.

actually, i used to think that up till i went to see the foo's at wembley last year

during the set he was really trying to rock out and have some fun but an endless stream of kids kept shouting at him trying to get his attention from the stands (he was in the vip section by the tunnel) and not once did i see him refuse to chat to someone, sign an autograph or even just acknowledge a positive hand signal. even when he was properly wigging out he'd come out of it to make time for people that wanted to chat to him.

he's still a bit of an over-enthusiastic idiot sometimes, but hes a thoroughly decent bloke, and have to say that in person, not up himself one bit!

I've been to Reading and leeds not in the same year as my helicopter had crashed. I've also done both V fests and Glasto and in my humble opinion if a Festival has to have an arena it tends to kill it for me. It restricts the beer you can drink because they are normally sponsored by a famous yank beer or a really really crap lager. They dont have the same variety when it comes to all round entertainment but thats not to say Reading/Leeds dont have good lineups cos they do. But for an all round Festival expirence its Glasto everyday of the week and twice on a Sunday. You have to like the bands at Reading/Leeds/V I f you dont then dont go.

Glasto is the Mother,Father,Brother,Sister and the ugly uncle all rolled into one Reading ,Leeds,V Staffs and V Chelmsford are pretenders to the throne.